Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Is it walkable to the port from the PI? I do love a PI breakfast!
I'm not sure you can walk through the port easily as it's very industrial? I think from memory the taxi had to go through metal gates? Don't recall any paths etc?
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
The Northern Europe cruises don't do the Fjords like the Fjords cruises do basically, but you'd still get a nice flavour of them especially in Stavanger which was my favourite port.

Joa
Ah ok! Do you think the Fjords one is worth the extra cash? All the ports are in Norway on the European itinerary apart from stopping in Copenhagen.
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I'm not sure you can walk through the port easily as it's very industrial? I think from memory the taxi had to go through metal gates? Don't recall any paths etc?
You can walk it, but it's not a short leisurely stroll, it's about 2 miles in total and with luggage, I wouldn't bother!

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Ah ok! Do you think the Fjords one is worth the extra cash? All the ports are in Norway on the European itinerary apart from stopping in Copenhagen.
I haven't done the other one, but if you're after saving money and just want one day in the Fjords, then the Copenhagen one should be fine. For Stavanger, you can take a mini cruise up the Fjords to get some extra pics.

We loved the scenery, but essentially, you need to be comfortable with the ports available.
Copenhagen has lots to do including Tivoli Gardens and that's good fun.

I haven't helped much, sorry!
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
You can walk it, but it's not a short leisurely stroll, it's about 2 miles in total and with luggage, I wouldn't bother!

I haven't done the other one, but if you're after saving money and just want one day in the Fjords, then the Copenhagen one should be fine. For Stavanger, you can take a mini cruise up the Fjords to get some extra pics.

We loved the scenery, but essentially, you need to be comfortable with the ports available.
Copenhagen has lots to do including Tivoli Gardens and that's good fun.

I haven't helped much, sorry!
No, that's loads of help. Thank you! We would like to see the Fjords but I think the main thing about cruising for us is the ship so I reckon the standard European one would be fine for us.
Old 25 Jan 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Have to say we fell in love with the Wonder and her crew, and loved Alaska even though I am a fair weather person. I'm so looking forward to the Magic as another smaller ship for the EBTA. And our grand slam, four for four!
I would do the fjords or another cold water Disney cruise in a heartbeat but they are just so pricy as they are in the summer hols.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We were also torn between the Northern Europe and the fjords one, we had to cancel our fjords cruise last year when ds has his surgery so part of me really wanted to book that one and it was cheaper! But I was outvoted and I must say I am really looking forward to Copenhagen and Amsterdam and we are going to book the mini fjords cruise in stavenger to get a taste of it!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List