Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Feb 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
floridabuddies
Excited about Disney

DCL whilst pregnant?

Has anyone been whilst pregnant?
Looking to do a baby moon in next couple of weeks (late feb / early March 2019) as long as price is right and before I am 24 weeks but just wondering if it’s feasible?

Also what insurance will I need?
floridabuddies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I went at 30 weeks - it was fine - I informed insurance but they were not interested !
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi. If you are 24 weeks or over or enter your 24th week whilst on the cruise the Disney Cruise website says they will not let you board. They say there are no exceptions and they will not accept a waiver or doctors letter. They also say they will accept no liability if anything happens.

Edited at 02:15 PM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I went on a DCL Mediterranean cruise when I was 21 weeks. It was great! I liked being able to eat what I wanted, and little and often, as I still felt sick!
No need to inform insurance as pregnancy not classed as a 'condition'. Make sure your insurance covers cruises though, some don't.
It was a lovely babymoon, we were so glad we went.

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Daughter went when 21 weeks. As has been posted Disney will not let you cruise after 24 weeks. We heard of someone being offloaded as they were 24 weeks whilst on board.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by floridabuddies View Post
Has anyone been whilst pregnant?
Looking to do a baby moon in next couple of weeks (late feb / early March 2019) as long as price is right and before I am 24 weeks but just wondering if it’s feasible?

Also what insurance will I need?
DCL rarely offer last minute discounts unless you are a Florida resident, military or friends/family of crew so you will be paying the most expensive price by booking so late.

If money is no concern, then go for it as long as you are under 24 weeks as has been mentioned. When booking your cruise, you are asked to tick a box to confirm you will not be over 24 weeks when you cruise - that's their indemnity as you never know what may happen.

For me personally, I'd rather be near in my home country during a pregnancy but that's just me.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth :-)

Joa