Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile Delta change

We've had an email from Delta saying the second leg of our journey has had a 'schedule ' change. I know indirect always has this risk and its one of 'those' things but we now only have 70 mins to get through Atlanta at the beginning of August 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. We were pushing it anyway with just over two hours but now I think it will probably be impossible. Annoyingly there is actually just less than an hours difference in departure times so I don't think we will qualify for a 'free' transfer to another time courtesy of Delta. I will give Virgin a call tomorrow ( who we booked the flights through) and see what they say. It's a bit deflating knowing that when we set off we will already know we won't probably get the transfer . Has anyone has any experience on sorting this kind of thing free of charge with Virgin? I tried to change to a later Delta flight when i booked ( as i realised 2 hours 10 was probably too short) but they wanted £400.00 to change. I know we will get put on standby etc and that we will get there eventually, I would just rather try and sort before we go.
Samsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had a schedule change last year with Delta that failed to meet mct in JFK. It was booked with virgin, they said they couldn't help after agreeing it failed mct (first leg delta one, second delta internal), tried with Delta Europe but they couldn't help either. Rang Delta USA and although a lengthy call all was sorted with better flights for us.

Does 70 mins meet minimum connection times?
Research alternatives before you call and don't be afraid to ask for something that may be better I.e. direct flight.

Good luck

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thank you

I think I have found a site that suggests the mct is 1 hour 25 for international to domestic ( which I think is us) so fingers crossed I can argue my case. The email has come direct from Delta so to be fair Virgin might be unaware just yet unless people phone with issues.
Samsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

MCT at ATL for Int>Dom on DL/DL or VS/DL is 1h25 (May be longer for certain flight combinations). The airline will have to rebook you on a 70 min connection, whatever Virgin’s agent says. That may take a few days automatically, as mentioned above research your reasonable preferences and call proactively if you wish.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This happened to us once ... i rang twice , the second time I cheekily said I’d like to take you up on your offer to put us on a direct flight instead and the lady just said ok and did just that !
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Samsmum
Earning More Ears

All sorted. The lady at Virgin was great. Thanks for the advice to go 'armed' with mct etc and suggestions for the flight I wanted to be on. We are now on the 6pm flight down to MCO which is the one I tried to change to originally but they wanted to charge us £400.00 so winner winner. This gives us 3 hours and with a 7 year old who will probably be hungry is much more comfortable especially travelling on last years ESTAs. In the end there was no awkwardness from Virgin at all. She accepted there was an issue straight away and had me on hold whilst she phoned and did all the leg work with Delta. We are just waiting for the email confirmation but I have every faith it will arrive 🤞🤞

168 days to go. Yippee

Edited at 10:42 AM.
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Same as Mary A.
We were flying London to Pensacola via at Atlanta. Our comfortable 3 hour layover was shortened to 1hr10.

We went to Delta by telephone. (In fact Air France in London), who moved our London to Atlanta flight 3 hours forward, thus giving us back a four hour layover again. It was very simple, done there and then and with seats allocated with us selecting of a plane plan on our IPad and her saying 'yes' or 'no'. Great service.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List