Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ref the post above.

I regularly head from the area where I live to a roundabout that is on the main road to the Crem

Am I the only person who let a funeral cortege free run and wait for them to progress through the junction?

I get blasted by some drivers - no respect.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ref the post above.

I regularly head from the area where I live to a roundabout that is on the main road to the Crem

Am I the only person who let a funeral cortege free run and wait for them to progress through the junction?

We had people cut into those following at my FIL funeral despite them having their lights on.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I always wait from them to go past it's a mark of respect. My stepmums mum passed away a few years ago. It was her wish to have a carriage pulled by horses from the church her service was taken to the cemetery. It's a few miles between them along a very busy bendy road. It was quite a sight us following these two beautiful black horses with the feathered headdresses. It caused a huge tail back for miles but thankfully nobody tried to get past. People stopped dropped their head and an older chap took his hat off. There was a very hairy moment tho when the horses didn't like the railway crossing and wouldn't go over it. One of the funeral directors had to jump down and walk them over. I had visions of them ending up taking a detour on the line to Ipswich 😳
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I would always stop to let a funeral go past. It’s the respectful thing to do. When my Dad died, the lovely funeral director told the drivers to go down our local high street, even though they are supposed to use the other road. It was a lovely thing to do as he had lived and worked locally for his entire adult life and my mum was born and bred here. I ended up nannying the funeral directors grandchildren, as she remembered me and recommended me.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

[QUOTE=novocastrian; said it was good crack with lots of gallows humour with his colleagues he is a sardonic git at times so was right up his street...[/QUOTE]

I wish I could tell you some of the stories! The one from last Friday was something Martina Cole wouldn’t even have thought of! He has only been pall bearing, driven once, and had one evening on call body removal so far. But now obv he’ll be involved in it all. He’s having to give them his measurements for a brand new suit now!

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ref the post above.

We walked behind the hearse from the house to the church for my dad's funeral, one car behind hooted and everyone commented on how disgusting that was. After the funeral my red faced cousin came up to apologise for hooting, he was following in a car as my nan couldn't manage the short walk, as he was driving so slow he had leaned forward onto the steering wheel and accidentally hit the horn. My dad would have seen the funny side of it.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

No - the old route in to my office involved a major roundabout on the east/west route across the city and i'd often see a cortege waiting to cross the roundabout. It would never enter my head to just press on and not stop to let them proceed. Sad indication of the times how some have no patience for others on such a sad day.

A good funeral director makes all the difference during difficult times.

I lost my mum when I was 24 and the female funeral director was downright horrible - absolutely no sympathy or a personal touch whatsoever. "Come in. Sit Down. Name of the deceased?". I didn't want hugs or a shoulder to cry on but she was just stone cold.

Fast forward to my dad and the chap that looked after us was the polar opposite. He was compassionate and showed a real human side. When the service was finished he took over the driving of the car from his assistant and drove us to the wake, making sure we were all ok. A few days later I got a call from him, again just making sure we were all ok. Small things...
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
It’s my Dad’s funeral tomorrow. I’m dreading it but the care and love we have received after losing my dad so unexpectedly and suddenly has really been amazing.
Sorry for your loss I hope the service goes as smoothly as possible.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List