Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Dec 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

DDP Calculations Help

Hi,

We have a split booking with our 180 days for the first booking on Monday! Excited! I am aware that I will need to book the first portion of the holiday and then wait for the release of the second set of ADR availability connected to the second booking however have managed to confuse myself. Can someone help with the following:

1. We have a booking 8th June (Check in day) - 17th June (Check out day) at POFQ - How many DDP credits do we get ie. is it counted in days or nights at that resort?

2. Out second booking is 17th June (Check in day) - 22nd June (Check out day). Again, how many credits apply per person for this part of the trip?

3. When do the dining credits expire - on checkout / at midnight the night before etc?

I am trying to plan to allow for the credits to be used up for both parts and will book ADRs on this basis - hope that makes sense :-).

Thanks
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by pinkstarburst View Post
Hi,

We have a split booking with our 180 days for the first booking on Monday! Excited! I am aware that I will need to book the first portion of the holiday and then wait for the release of the second set of ADR availability connected to the second booking however have managed to confuse myself. Can someone help with the following:

1. We have a booking 8th June (Check in day) - 17th June (Check out day) at POFQ - How many DDP credits do we get ie. is it counted in days or nights at that resort?

2. Out second booking is 17th June (Check in day) - 22nd June (Check out day). Again, how many credits apply per person for this part of the trip?

3. When do the dining credits expire - on checkout / at midnight the night before etc?

I am trying to plan to allow for the credits to be used up for both parts and will book ADRs on this basis - hope that makes sense :-).

Thanks
Hi

1. Your credits are per night. Did you upgrade from the quick service plan to the full dining plan?
2. Did you pay for the dining plan for your second accomodation? Free dining only applies to booking where you purchase park tickets and the hotel together. Unfortunately split stays don't qualify for free dining on both parts.
3, Credits expire at midnight on your check out day.
Old 6 Dec 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi,

Thanks
It would be easier if you told us a bit more about your booking however as said credits are per night of your stay and expire at midnight on check out day from the stay with DDP attached. You can’t use them for the second hotel stay except for check in day assuming you’re going straight from one to the other.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Thanks Both. Basically we originally booked POFQ only and then contacted Virgin to upgrade. They did so on Live Chat and told me that I would get DDP on both which as you have pointed out isn't possible without purchasing an additional set of tickets for the second booking which is at AKL.

A lovely dibber very kindly highlighted this to me at the time. It took a long time and a very persistent complaint, however in the end Virgin have agreed it was their error and have added a second set of tickets to cover the second booking and thus activate DDP for our AKL stay free of charge. This is all stated clearly on both my Virgin booking and MDE despite my initial doubts so, even though it is unusual we are going to take full advantage of their mistake!

So, as I calculate it we have as follows for our family of 4:

Booking 1 Credits:

TS (1 per person per day) = 9 nights so 36 credits
QA (1 per person per day) = 9 nights so 36 credits
Snacks (2 per person per day) = 9 nights so 72 credits

These will be valid until midnight on 17th June (our check out day from POFQ).

Booking 2 Credits

TS = 5 nights x 4 people = 20 credits
QA = 5 nights x 4 people = 20 credits
Snacks = 5 nights x 4 people = 40 credits

These would be valid until midnight on 22nd June however we will be in the sky by then :-).

Please let me know if this is correct as this will help me plan which ADRs I will try to get on Monday at the 180 day mark. Thanks
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks Both. Basically we originally booked POFQ only and then contacted Virgin to upgrade. They did so on Live Chat and told me that I would get DDP on both which as you have pointed out isn't possible without purchasing an additional set of tickets for the second booking which is at AKL.

A lovely dibber very kindly highlighted this to me at the time. It took a long time and a very persistent complaint, however in the end Virgin have agreed it was their error and have added a second set of tickets to cover the second booking and thus activate DDP for our AKL stay free of charge. This is all stated clearly on both my Virgin booking and MDE despite my initial doubts so, even though it is unusual we are going to take full advantage of their mistake!

So, as I calculate it we have as follows for our family of 4:

Booking 1 Credits:

TS (1 per person per day) = 9 nights so 36 credits
QA (1 per person per day) = 9 nights so 36 credits
Snacks (2 per person per day) = 9 nights so 72 credits

These will be valid until midnight on 17th June (our check out day from POFQ).

Booking 2 Credits

TS = 5 nights x 4 people = 20 credits
QA = 5 nights x 4 people = 20 credits
Snacks = 5 nights x 4 people = 40 credits

These would be valid until midnight on 22nd June however we will be in the sky by then :-).

Please let me know if this is correct as this will help me plan which ADRs I will try to get on Monday at the 180 day mark. Thanks
Yes that’ll be right then. You won’t be able to carry over credits from the POFQ stay to the AKL stay.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

That seems right.

I’ve read a few things about split stays with dining and the fact you need to make sure that all your credits are used up by your last day and that you need to make sure you actually check out your first resort.

Hope you enjoy pofq, we are there for the first time in the summer. AKL is a lovely resort we’ve stayed there twice.
Old 7 Dec 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If Virgin have linked both bookings, your ADR day for the whole holiday will be the same, if they haven't just call Disney UK & get them to Link, this also allows you the full 14 days at FP+ time.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List