Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 Oct 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile Beach Club Hotel to Wave for 8am

Hi all. ADR booking day today. Very excited. Some 2018 restaurants that are on the DDP are not on in 2019. Such as Raglan Road and Teppan Edo. Is that normal? Any chance of them going back on it?

Main question was regarding getting to The Wave for breakfast. Plan is up and ready for 7am. Walk to Epcot and get monorail to The Wave. ADR booked for 8am. This is from the Beach Club Hotel resort and 3 of us.

Is that enough time without any delays or am I pushing it.

Thanks
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Will Epcot be open at 7am to walk through?

Disney332
Old 30 Oct 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile

That was one of my concerns.
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Not convinced you'll be able to get through Epcot if the park hasn't opened (and it won't have).

Even if you could walk through, it could still take more than an hour - it's a reasonable walk from the Beach Club to the monorail station, you'd then have to wait for the monorail, take the journey to the TTC and then change and wait for the resort loop monorail, and then take that journey.

I'd just grab an Uber - won't cost much.

If you're an Uber-phobic, your best bet will be a MK bus from the Beach Club and then just walk over to the Contemporary.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another vote for a taxi but I'd give Lyft a try. Very much like uber but on,y available in the US and usually cheaper than uber. We used them this year and had great service. You won't be able to get through International Gateway at that time in the morning as the main park won't be open, monorail won't be running etc.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Not convinced you'll be able to get through Epcot if the park hasn't opened (and it won't have).

Even if you could walk through, it could still take more than an hour - it's a reasonable walk from the Beach Club to the monorail station, you'd then have to wait for the monorail, take the journey to the TTC and then change and wait for the resort loop monorail, and then take that journey.

I'd just grab an Uber - won't cost much.

If you're an Uber-phobic, your best bet will be a MK bus from the Beach Club and then just walk over to the Contemporary.
This is why we ask the Dibbers! Thanks for the info. I think an Uber is the best bet. How long would it take in an Uber from Beach club roughly.

Cheers
Old 30 Oct 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by dvc View Post
Another vote for a taxi but I'd give Lyft a try. Very much like uber but on,y available in the US and usually cheaper than uber. We used them this year and had great service. You won't be able to get through International Gateway at that time in the morning as the main park won't be open, monorail won't be running etc.
I heard of Lyft. Do they just charge your account like Uber. May try them too. Cheers
Old 30 Oct 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yep just like Uber they charge direct to your card. Little bit cheaper than Uber too. We used them this month to and from Pop. The Minnie Vans use the Lyft app too but my goodness they’re expensive. $20+more a trip each time we ordered a Lyft.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Acid Nation
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Originally Posted by gazzastag View Post
Hi all. ADR booking day today. Very excited. Some 2018 restaurants that are on the DDP are not on in 2019. Such as Raglan Road and Teppan Edo. Is that normal? Any chance of them going back on it?
They are not owned by Disney. They don’t contract for 2019 until December so yes they will be on it.
Acid Nation is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Acid Nation View Post
They are not owned by Disney. They don’t contract for 2019 until December so yes they will be on it.
Oh right so the bookings I've already made I should keep?

Cheers