Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 31 Oct 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking DLP - Halloween Trip - October 2018 - Day 3 - more park time

Day 1 HERE
Day 2 HERE

Hello again! Once again, thank you for reading along. If you have got this far hopefully you are enjoying my ramblings at least a little bit!

Day 3 was our second (and last) full day at parks, it was another early start with the alarm set for 7.15am once again. I was up a bit quicker this morning and we were both up and ready in plenty of time so it was off to the parks we went!

Once again we walked via the river and Disney Village which was 10 minutes max - no queue for security this morning so we were straight through and headed for Walt Disney Studios.

We arrived just as they had opened the turnstiles and were in the park in a couple of minutes - we were headed straight for Crush's Coaster this morning (along with the everybody else!). We joined the queue and were then told by the cast members that the ride was having technical issues and would not open just yet, and they didn't know how long it would be. We had this exact same issue during our 2016 trip (I think they really struggle to get this ride open in time for EMT). Based on the fact the other rides that were open we had already done - we stuck it out. Lots of people decided to leave the queue, meaning we were moving closer and closer to the entrance. After about 20 minutes they opened the ride (yay!) and we then had a 10 minute wait before boarding.

It's a good ride this, I really enjoy it but there is no way I would wait hours for it - even though we waited around 30mins in the end it was still good going I think. When we came off the ride I had a sneaky look at the queue board and it was saying 55mins, so I think we did well.

Next up we headed over to Ratatouille, the wait was around 30 minutes so we headed into the single rider line once again and pretty much walked straight on. Even better we ended up sitting next to each other . No idea how that happened but that is where they told us to sit, so we politely complied.

It was around 9.15am by the time we came off the ride and we planned to head over to get our quick service breakfast in the Disneyland Park since there was nothing else open in the studios at this time...or so we thought.

Walking past Tower of Terror on our way out we saw it seemed to be open, winner! This is probably my favourite ride at DLP and we were going to come back to it later, but with a 10 minute wait we didn't need much convincing to jump in line straight away.

After plunging 13 floors it definitely time for food! It was at this point my OH realised he had forgotten something back at the hotel - so he headed off there and I headed to Cafe Hyperion in the Disneyland Park to get breakfast.

It was busy again with a slow moving queue as is the way with DLP 'quick service' - we once again had the savoury option, but my OH had apple juice instead of orange (it's not actually on the menu screens, but you can switch the OJ for either apple juice or water if you want). By the time I had queued, got the food and sat down, he had walked to the Cheyenne and back to meet me, so no time lost really and we sat to enjoy breakfast.

After breakfast we decided to head next door to the Discoveryland Theatre to see Mickey's Philharmagic. We have seen this at MK in WDW and I was really chuffed when I read it was coming to DLP and excitedly told my OH a few months back that we would get to see it again.

We arrived just before 11am (which was the first showing) so waited outside for a bit, they opened the gates just before 11 and we headed straight into the theatre - as we were waiting I was once again saying to my OH that it will be good to see this again after our WDW trip in 2016.

We sat down, the show started and he leant over and said "Oh, have we seen this before in America?" ...

We really enjoyed the show, it was funny and the way they integrated the French and English together was really well done, I am not sure how long they plan to keep this at DLP but it's definitely worth a watch and the theatre is large so I can't see there being huge waits for it.

Next up we took a walk to Fantasyland for a trip around Small World, there was about a 10 minute wait. The cast member was making announcements over the tannoy that sounded quite serious, I asked my OH (who speaks French) what they meant. He looked at me puzzled and said "the gondola has arrived in Venice" - right-e-o then! That cleared that up! We decided it was some kind of code for the other CM so us guests didn't catch on.

We headed over to BTM to pick up fastpasses and got a return time of 2.25 - 2.55pm we had a 2pm lunch booking so weren't sure if we would be able to make use of them but kept them safe just in case.

As we enjoyed the Halloween parade so much the day before we wanted to see it again, this time we went for the first showing at 12.10pm and got a spot next to the stage where Mickey dances during the show stop. It wasn't too busy and we got a good view.

It really is an infectious parade with people dancing and bopping along. Once again we really enjoyed it. I also love how Mickey interacts with the crowd high-fiving as he runs by.

After the parade we headed under the castle to see the dragon and then for a wander around the Christmas shop before nipping over for a go on Snow White. It was about a 5 minute wait and I reckon this is probably the scariest ride at DLP - it certainly takes a dark turn!

Pirates was next, again about a 10 minute wait so we were going well again with queues today. It had also turned out to be another warm day with blue skies all round.

I had a look at the app and Space Mountain was showing as 25 mins so we decided that would be our last ride before lunch, in fact that wait was more like 15 minutes, so even better!

Lunch was booked at Agrabah Cafe in Adventureland so we headed there next, just catching the tail end of the Halloween Parade on it's second run of the day on the way.

I have wanted to eat here for years, but due to timing and budget it never really worked out on previous trips so I was really looking forward to this one.

We were directed straight in and to the cash desk, once again we had water for our included drink on the meal plan and paid extra for a jug of white wine which was €10. We were seated super quick and I was very impressed with the theming inside the restaurant.

It wasn't too busy, but there was still enough people for a bit of atmosphere. We headed up to the buffet, and this was a-ma-zing! So much choice and so different to any other options we have had at Disneyland before. Off the top of my head I can remember loads of salad options, mint cucumber, houmous, honey carrots, rice, vegetables, sausage, chicken, kebabs, pita breads, couscous, chick peas and so much more. Yum, yum yum. Plus lots of desserts that I had never heard of, but they all tasted delicious.

This was our favourite meal of the trip and I will definitely be going back in the future. By this point we were stuffed - so the sensible thing to do? Go on Big Thunder Mountain of course.

It was actually gone 3pm by the time we had come out of the meal, so I wasn't sure if they would accept our fastpass since the return time had finished - turns out it was no problem at all. Within 10 minutes we were out of control on the wildest ride in the wilderness, and fortunately for us (and everyone else) our lunch stayed put. Phew.

By this point my OH was flagging a bit and wanted to head back to the room for a rest, I wanted to catch the "It's good to be bad with the Disney Villains" show so headed over to Castle Stage.

I was a few minutes early so just sat on the wall and waited, everyone in front was sitting on the floor so I ended up with a great view without having to move. The show was good fun and featured Maleficent Donald who is adorable, it was a little short but I still enjoyed it.

I decided to head back over to WDS to see what rides I could do. This is one thing I really like about DLP, with the parks being so close you can pop back and forth really easily.

Rock n Rollercoaster was first up, it was posted as a 15 minute wait which was probably about right in the end - got the same song as the day before - Dude Looks like a Lady , followed by yet another go on Ratatouille via the single rider line.

I was then headed out back to Disneyland park to catch the parade, but spotted this on way out.

There is no way I was going to walk past Tower of Terror on a 5 minute wait so in I went! The cast members were really in character, spooking guests and making them laugh whilst loading, it really adds to the experience when they get involved.

I was a little later than expected after stopping off at TOT so it was a quick walk back to Main Street for the parade. Since it starts at the other end of the park I knew I had a while before it reached town square so I got a spot with a good view near the Discovery Arcade entrance. I love this parade, saw it for the first time during our visit last year and it was great to see it again this time around.

After the parade I was getting tired so decided to have a break, I walked into the Village and thought I would give King Ludwigs a try, better yet it was happy hour! Without looking at the menu in too much detail I ordered a large beer and slightly underestimated the size! It was a litre, and it was huge. Cheers!

It was lovely and warm so I was sat outside, but the temprature soon dropped. The fact I was trying to tackle a litre of cold beer probably didn't help at this point. I messaged my OH, he was in the room watching TV - he sent me this picture - if you have been to DLP and watched that info channel you will feel his pain! It's not just me that finds Sophie (or is it Stacey?) very annoying and yet compelling watching all at the same time is it?

He decided to come and join me (and more importantly bring me some jeans so I could get changed). When we arrived I was still tackling my beer so I we got him a wine and moved inside by this point.

I went and got changed and then we headed back to the park around 7.40pm to see Illuminations again. It was busier tonight and we decided to watch from Main St this time.

The show was good as always and as we were nearer the entrance it didn't take us long to leave the park. We decided more drinks were in order so headed back to King Ludwigs. Happy Hour was over by this point but we had another couple of drinks in the bar, it was busy with people waiting for tables in the restaurant. Here is the beer part of the menu by the way in case anyone is thinking of making use of happy hour.

Once we had finished in the bar we did some window shopping in Disney Village and headed to Earl of Sandwich for a late dinner. It was nice and quiet, I went for the original sandwich and we didn't have to wait long for it to be ready.

We decided to take the food back to the room and watch the ipad. It was around 10pm by this point so it had been a long day.

I had my food and pretty much fell asleep straight away. The plan was to go shopping the next day so we didn't need to set the alarm quite so early. Yay!

Cheers guys - day 4 (last day!) coming soon.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve enjoyed reading all your TR’s, sounds like you had a great day.

Your photos look so different to mine, mine all grey, cloudy skies 😬 What a difference a week or so makes.

We did ToT a few times too, I think the DLP one is so much better than WDW.

The parades are so good aren’t they 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I’ve enjoyed reading all your TR’s, sounds like you had a great day.

Your photos look so different to mine, mine all grey, cloudy skies 😬 What a difference a week or so makes.

We did ToT a few times too, I think the DLP one is so much better than WDW.

The parades are so good aren’t they 😊
Thanks for reading! We couldn't believe our luck with the weather, we certainly weren't expecting it to be that good when we booked an October trip.

The parades were fab, the Halloween one was a highlight of the whole trip for us

Hope you had a great time too.
Old 10 Nov 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

That beer! my dh would love that. I’ve made a note ready for our trip next Spring.
I’ve not done TOT in DLP. Our dd was too small last time we went (6 years ago) and we didn’t even know about rider swap so I’m really keen to give that a go. We’ve not ridden their Space Mountain or RnRc either so plenty to explore.

I do love a parade. There’s something so magical about them.

Another fun day.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great day, my DH would love that beer too. What time is happy hour? Are all drinks half price then? I’m liking the look of dlp more and more 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
That beer! my dh would love that. I’ve made a note ready for our trip next Spring.
I’ve not done TOT in DLP. Our dd was too small last time we went (6 years ago) and we didn’t even know about rider swap so I’m really keen to give that a go. We’ve not ridden their Space Mountain or RnRc either so plenty to explore.

I do love a parade. There’s something so magical about them.

Another fun day.
Thanks for reading
Old 7 Dec 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Just linking to Day 4 since I forgot to add it here before