Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 2 Jan 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello

Hi,

I've joined to try and plan the best possible trip to Orlando in Aug/Sep 2019 for 14 nights, with my mum and sister. We'd like to do the theme parks and the Kennedy Space Center.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks,

Rhys
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi ,let me just say you’ve made a great first step!
Take a good look through the Dibb menu on the right hand side of the page and also use the Vacation Planner to organise your plans for each day.Nothing has to be set in stone and flexibility can be useful on mealtimes etc to avoid the crowds.
I’m sure you will make wonderful memories.
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Hello, the DIBB is a great place to ask questions. Do you want to stay onsite, offsite, villa or hotel? Will you be hiring a car? We have had some great tips from here. In 2016 we stayed in a DIBB villa but read about front of line passes when staying at some universal hotels so booked a one night stay at the hard rock . We enjoyed it so much we spent 9 nights there the next year and are doing a week there this year. Something we wouldn't have tried without the DIBB. Also we have two landrys cards because of the DIBB. Just two of many tips we got from here. Reading trip reports is also a good source of information and the sticky titled favourite top tips in Florida at the top of trip planning Florida section .
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the quick responses. We're looking at staying in either a villa or apartment as we will need separate rooms.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Welcome to the Dibb You have definitely found the site where you can ALL your holiday related questions answered! There are some lovely villas advertised on the Dibb (look along the top bar and select 'Villas'. You can put in a request for your dates and see what availability there is. There is also a very helpful Search tab. Put in you key word and previous questions and responses will appear. If your specific question isn't answered, don't be afraid to start a new thread. People are only too happy to help.

You can also create a Vacation Planner. Very useful for keeping your plans and also making a note of all the useful tips that you find on here.

Happy Dibbing.
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Personally if staying in a villa or apartment I would find an area close to the parks that you want to visit. We had an absolutely beautiful villa in 2015 and as far as villas go was the best we have had. It was chosen by a travel agent. However it was much too far out for us and very difficult keeping awake on the long drive back after a busy park day. The villa most certainly did not make up for the drive. I would not use a travel agent again as I found her knowledge didn't live up to what she claimed. The next year we rented a DIBB villa at Windsor Hills which was brilliant for location and a lovely villa although not on the DIBB now. The area was close to parks and restaurants although by that I mean in a car. I think a lot of places book up way in advance so time to get planning. I have never stayed in a condo but resorts like floridays seem to get good reviews.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome
Old 5 Jan 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews