Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

A few DCL questions

We have our 1st cruise booked for later this year & I was wondering if anyone knew or had opinions on the following please. We are on the Disney Dream just for 4 nights.

Castaway Key: Do the gift shops accept cash only or can we charge to our stateroom. Also do we need ID to get back on the Ship there like we'll need for Nassau.

Dining: Do they do the colour show in Animators Palate on the short cruises

Tips: Does it make any difference if we pre-pay tips or not? From what I can find out it doesn't but most people seem to.

Cabanas: Is it always open?

Nassau: This is a silly petty question but DH wants to get off the ship here, i'm not overly fussed but would like to get some photos. I've seen in quite a few reports like an arch that says Bahamas. Is this close to where the ship docks and is it easy to find

Photo packages: to pre-order or not? I'm guessing it's perhaps not worth it for 4 nights.

ETA: the sail away party is obviously very busy. Is there any slightly quieter spots to watch with a good view? Like from a balcony or something.

Thank you

Edited at 09:15 AM.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by magickate View Post
We have our 1st cruise booked for later this year & I was wondering if anyone knew or had opinions on the following please. We are on the Disney Dream just for 4 nights.

Castaway Key: Do the gift shops accept cash only or can we charge to our stateroom. Also do we need ID to get back on the Ship there like we'll need for Nassau.

Dining: Do they do the colour show in Animators Palate on the short cruises

Tips: Does it make any difference if we pre-pay tips or not? From what I can find out it doesn't but most people seem to.

Cabanas: Is it always open?

Nassau: This is a silly petty question but DH wants to get off the ship here, i'm not overly fussed but would like to get some photos. I've seen in quite a few reports like an arch that says Bahamas. Is this close to where the ship docks and is it easy to find

Photo packages: to pre-order or not? I'm guessing it's perhaps not worth it for 4 nights.

ETA: the sail away party is obviously very busy. Is there any slightly quieter spots to watch with a good view? Like from a balcony or something.

Thank you
Castaway: Gifts shops run by DCL only accept your KTTW card. On CC they also have some locals selling merchandise apparently made in the Bahamas. There's a few different things like trinkets, clothing etc. They will take cash, not KTTW card!
To get back on the ship, you will need your KTTW and photo ID for all people over 18. We take driving licence.

Dining: Yes, you'll get a show in AP - you'll also get Crush doing his interactive chatting!

Tips: Makes not a jot of difference to them, but may help with your budgeting? On the penultimate night, you'll be given envelopes for the 4 tipped positions (Head server, server, asst server and room ninja). You will also receive a receipt sheet and you basically tear off the relevant bit for each person, pop it in the envelope along with any extra cash you want to give (if you do) and hand it over to them. The envelope is just so you can hand something over, but in reality, they will receive your recommended tip anyway unless you go to Guest Services and remove them (please don't).

Cabanas: Open for breakfast and lunch every day plus dinner (very relaxed, no ressies required and trainee staff serving you) on the middle 2 nights of your 4 night. I wouldn't go here on your first cruise for dinner - enjoy the main dining rooms (MDRs).

Nassau: If you've never been, defo get off and wander around. The photo op is very close to the ship. To get into town, you have to walk through the Straw Market which does mean a few people hassling you, but keep walking and be polite, you'll be through in no time at all.

Photo packages: Pre order it then cancel if you don't like any photos. They are fairly expensive, but if you go to every character meeting and do the nice backdrop ones, you can easily get your moneys worth. Depends on how much you love photos of yourself I guess.

Sailaway: In one word - NO! it's busy for a reason - people love it. If you don't want to be too involved, stand on deck 12 and look down on the party which happens on deck 11 (of the Dream).

Hope that helps!
Joa

Edited at 06:44 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List