Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 20 Jan 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
soarintothemax
Getting Excited

BOG lunch question

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Glad everyone's planning is going well. I managed to get a breakfast and lunch ADR sorted for BOG and the Dessert Party at Tomorowland Terrace but that's all I've booked as we are on QSDP.I am now trying to get DD to show some interest, but no luck so far. She will be excited closer to the time but is more concerned with boyfriend and exams (in that order!) to worry about something that is still six months away.

Happy planning everyone.

We are July 2019 too !
Me, DH, DS who will be 18 and DD15. We are on-site at the Boardwalk Inn and looking to book BOG lunch for us and four U.S. day ticket friends. Remind me, is the lunch booked with ADR's or like a fastpass ie
60 days out? ADR day this week!
soarintothemax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by soarintothemax View Post
We are July 2019 too !
Me, DH, DS who will be 18 and DD15. We are on-site at the Boardwalk Inn and looking to book BOG lunch for us and four U.S. day ticket friends. Remind me, is the lunch booked with ADR's or like a fastpass ie
60 days out? ADR day this week!
You book BOG lunch as an ADR... at 180 days.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Another month closer now! Just a smidge over 4 months for me now 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

18 weeks on Monday for us. :-)

We know what days we are going to which parks while staying on site at Disney and have all out ADRs booked at times we are happy with.

We have 6 nights on I-Drive and we need to sort out what we are going to do when on those days. We are going to be doing Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Kennedy and Aquatica.

The main thing to decide is whether we want to do two days at Busch gardens or not. My sister has a house in Sarasota and is going out to Florida around the same time as us for the whole school summer holiday. We have never been to their house and we are keen to have a nosey so that when we go back next we know whether we want to spend a few days/a week there (we aren't kidding ourselves that this will be a once in a life time trip, although future ones will need to be much cheaper!). If we do go though it means probably not going to universal, and in particular volcano bay before out last 3nights in Orland when we are on-site staying at RPR. The onsite time seems like a bit of a waste to me (not the biggest waterpark fan by DH and DS love them) to spend half a day at Volcano Bay. Decisions, decisions...

I am keen to get all of that sorted before going back to disney planning and drawing up a list of preferred fastpasses and times to try to get for each day.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We got our travel insurance and ESTAs done this week. The only thing left to do is our 1-night stay in Clearwater. Thinking of booking Pierhouse 60. Have previously stayed at the Hilton, but its about 3 times more expensive! I'm thinking for just one night, the Pierhouse 60 looks fine and it gets good reviews. The money saved will pay for a good few meals out!
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Pier house 60 looks amazing! We have friends in Tampa and always go there for a day and usually after Bush Gardens day. We always visit Clearwater too just never stayed In the hotel. I was thinking to to go to St augustine this year for a night still looking at the hotels. I have two nights booked in Miami at the middle of our holidays and don’t want to cram too much. We are staying three weeks. Any suggestions re St Augustine hotels would be appreciated so at least I have options 😜
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Just completed ESTA's...thats so stressful. Usually my DH and I complete the forms together, checking as we go, but this time its only DS16 and I going away, so it was just me checking ...think I read everything 5 times haha
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

How are everyone's plans going?

We have done quite a few things over the last few weeks. ESTAs done, firmed up our itinerary for after Disney (but left in a little bit of scope to switch things round), paid balances for travel agent and park tickets. Just the Disney balance due at the start of May, but I will keep the money in my bank account instead of Disney's until then!

We have also booked a few extras. These are the After fireworks dessert party with plaza garden viewing in Magic Kingdom and Marvel Character dining and Blue Man Group tickets for the last night of our holiday.

I have just updated my profile with our itinerary which is set to public if anyone wants to have a nosey.

We have started to have a look at fastpasses and drafting out what we want to try to book for each day. The park we are struggling with in Magic Kingdom.

We have 4 visits planned. Our first visit is 4th July when we have no expectation to do any rides other than the 3 fastpasses we will book (ADR at LTT at 5pm). Second visit is EMHs but only planning to stay until mid afternoon (ARD at CP at 10.30am). Third visit we are planning a later start but staying for HEA (ADR at Tonys at 1.15pm [parade viewing] and dessert party booked). The last visit is our last full and we are planning an EMHs to fireworks day (ADRs at BOG 10.15 and CRT 5.25pm).

We all like thrill rides so not sure whether to try to book all fastpasses for the mountains/mine train etc or whether to spread them around more so that we can try to do evertying at least once without a long queue. What do you guys do?
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Mobile

I’m about the same, Dollydimples. Waiting for AfterHours release dates, hoping they will still be continuing. Have booked a couple of extras so far- easier on the pocket just being my son and I this time. Booked EMM at MK ( although last year Disney cancelled a few of the late July dates) and Illuminations dining for the last night.
My Dad has been taken poorly and so my mind has been elsewhere this last week, but I was ahead of the planning game fortunately so I can concentrate on Dad without feeling the pressure from all sides.
All the best everyone.
Old 13 Mar 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
My Dad has been taken poorly and so my mind has been elsewhere this last week, but I was ahead of the planning game fortunately so I can concentrate on Dad without feeling the pressure from all sides.
All the best everyone.
I hope your Dad is better soon.