Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Feb 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

I have done a couple of those online assessment things direct with the bank and have letters back from some saying there was no PPI attached to your account. However, I have had a letter back from Barclays quoting two different accounts asking me fill in a PPI claim form. I have rang them to ask for some further information on what the PPI was attached to to assist me in filling out the forms. It turns out that I had 2 credit cards with Barclays. I was told they didn't know whether there is any PPI on them yet but asked to fill the form in. Same thing has happened with Santander too. Seems a little strange why they would request you fill in a form to state why you believe the PPI was missold when it might not have been added to the account in the first place anyone else had this?
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

After reading another thread on the dibb, we have put our claims in for PPI and so far found three that we never knew we had, just waiting to hear now if we will get any money back. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, it is worth a try.
Old 14 Feb 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I had numerous letters from Barclays with assorted numbers on them... the very first letter said I had had 2 accounts with ppi, I did it all online and they were quite quick... they sent me about 9 letters of which 3 said they were investigating and others saying we didn’t have ppi on some of them... then I got 2 letters both with cheques for £1478.32... a payout cos they couldn’t find the exact details... I haven’t pursued the third yet as I had 2 letters with that account number saying there wasn’t ppi and I’m happy with what I did get... it was quite confusing but surprising cos I was certain I’d always refused ppi? ...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I had numerous letters from Barclays with assorted numbers on them... the very first letter said I had had 2 accounts with ppi, I did it all online and they were quite quick... they sent me about 9 letters of which 3 said they were investigating and others saying we didn’t have ppi on some of them... then I got 2 letters both with cheques for £1478.32... a payout cos they couldn’t find the exact details... I haven’t pursued the third yet as I had 2 letters with that account number saying there wasn’t ppi and I’m happy with what I did get... it was quite confusing but surprising cos I was certain I’d always refused ppi? ...
Ooh this sounds promising, fingers crossed
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Has anyone been contacted by the bank in relation to a claim...HSBC want to talk to me about my claim?
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Bank of Scotland called me wanting more info. I spoke to them and asked them to put ipany questions in writing to reclaim PPI. They instead made a decision based on the info they had and didn’t uphold the claim unless given more. I have sent more supporting info to ReclaimPPI to find out how they suggest framing the response back to them. BOS did pay out £800 for commission that the agent received which we weren’t informed about. But the misselling part is the biggy so hope I’m successful.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Having read this I have spent a couple of hours filling in forms online. Fingers x'd
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Evening all,

Halifax found 2 credit cards and have asked me to fill in a questionnaire for them to investigate. I rang them yesterday to ask for an update and was advised we have also had a loan with them and a mortgage. They asked whether I hold any agreement numbers or references for the loan and mortgage which I don't. Halifax say they can't see anything further on their system. Any ideas of how I may be able to find any info out on this? Xx
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I spend lots of money on Debenhams Gold Card until I moved to new house 5 years ago and Debenhams cancelled my gold card over 0 percent for a while. and I want to claim PPI and problem that I throw out paperworks and gold card number which I cannot find it. I contacted Debenham and they won't give me the details What I do?
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post
I spend lots of money on Debenhams Gold Card until I moved to new house 5 years ago and Debenhams cancelled my gold card over 0 percent for a while. and I want to claim PPI and problem that I throw out paperworks and gold card number which I cannot find it. I contacted Debenham and they won't give me the details What I do?
Just ask them to complete a DSAR (Data Subject Access Request) then they have to give you the details of your account etc.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List