Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Yesterday it took about 70 mins to come back approved. The week before I think it was an hour, maybe less.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi there it was approved YAY 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi DH just done our estas but not put middle names on😣 they are on the passports, and he has finished and paid. Do we need to redo them?
I kept telling him that they were needed but he said when he clicked on the ? It told him just the first name you are known by!
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Hi DH just done our estas but not put middle names on😣 they are on the passports, and he has finished and paid. Do we need to redo them?
I kept telling him that they were needed but he said when he clicked on the ? It told him just the first name you are known by!
Tell him he needs his eyes tested
It says this, copied direct from the application form.

In the First (Given) Name field, enter ALL names exactly as they appear on your passport in the First (Given) Name field. If a second or middle name is included in the First (Given) Name field on your passport, it must also be included here. This field is required to complete the application. If you have no first name, then enter the letters FNU which stands for First Name Unknown.

You should be OK...no reports so far of rejection at immigration.

Edited at 12:16 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
In the First (Given) Name field, enter ALL names exactly as they appear on your passport in the First (Given) Name field. If a second or middle name is included in the First (Given) Name field on your passport, it must also be included here. This field is required to complete the application. If you have no first name, then enter the letters FNU which stands for First Name Unknown.

It’s funny having read that now it looks as if it’s saying enter only second or middle names that are in the given name field. Eg a person whose first name is Mary Lou rather than first name Mary and middle name Lou.
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post

It’s funny having read that now it looks as if it’s saying enter only second or middle names that are in the given name field. Eg a person whose first name is Mary Lou rather than first name Mary and middle name Lou.
Basically it says if it’s on your passport you put it in.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Hi Tom/Mick

thank you so much for your help. I dread the ESTA I know it's straightforward but I feel so nervous doing it lol.

my DD is 17 and I wouldn't trust her to complete it so doing it for her.

can I jist double check - on page 4 under the Waiver of Rights, do I tick the Certification box for her AS WELL as the Third Parties Only box? sorry I'm just being super cautious!

thank you
I've done both my partners, our daughters... 3 and 12 and some friends over the years... I don't ever recall any issues, so I don't think those are consequential boxes if people are legit and behave.
I guess I've gone with whatever feels right, and it's always worked no problems.
I presume they only really come into play if people are up to no good and they try to evade charges of obtaining documents fraudulently.