Notices

Old 19 Mar 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We've never been at Halloween, but my thoughts were with the 25th Oct so you can snack on the candy. From the trip reports I've seen people have mountains of the stuff! So I think it would be nice to have the candy while you're out there...lots of the resorts do special Halloween events on the actual day, with trick or treat stands and costume competitions so you could go to one of those to celebrate the actual day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So MNSSHP is all booked for 25th October. I waited for Disney to release their prices and booked it direct with my Clarity card. Saved a massive £18 over the ATD prices but better in my pocket than theirs

We went with 25th so we wouldn't be trying to shoehorn half a ton of sweets in our case and with the added benefit that it was slightly cheaper than a week later. Disney emailed me the booking reference immediately and managed to get it linked on MDE immediately.

Roll on ADR day...
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

200 days to go! Do these countdowns ever feel like they are moving?
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So MNSSHP is all booked for 25th October. I waited for Disney to release their prices and booked it direct with my Clarity card. Saved a massive £18 over the ATD prices but better in my pocket than theirs

We went with 25th so we wouldn't be trying to shoehorn half a ton of sweets in our case and with the added benefit that it was slightly cheaper than a week later. Disney emailed me the booking reference immediately and managed to get it linked on MDE immediately.

Roll on ADR day...
Yaye you booked MNSSHP! I'm still debating 2 dates but will book soon. I read that parties on Fridays, Sundays and Halloween night are the busiest so think you made the right decision. Will you guys get dressed up?

Have you seen any of the vlogs from 31st (Halloween night) from Fort Wilderness camp? They go all out with the decorations - looks like that would be very fun to go to! Also the Trackers did a video from Celebration on Halloween and lots to see there!

ADR date is fast approaching - have you got your list ready?

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Yeah we had to go for it in case we never visit at that time of year again. Dressing up isn't really my thing and I'm not very imaginative but I will wait and see if the others want to and can talk me in to it!

Our plan at the moment is to be at Celebration of the afternoon/evening but as with everything it is all still subject to change.

I have got thoroughly fed up with trying to work out my ADR's to be honest. I keep changing my mind. I think it's the downside of only doing 7 days on site as I am struggling to decide which ones not to do. I haven't looked at them at all for a couple of weeks and decided I will look at them with my Wife on my next rest days and come up with a final list and go with that and try and get them booked in 11 days. Do you have all yours finalised and ready to go at 11:00 on the day?

Edited at 12:43 PM.
Old 8 Apr 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

After lots of emails over the last couple of months I have finally been able to link my Flydrive booking to my Avis preferred account!

My 'to do' list is shrinking and the nerves are kicking in with ADR day approaching
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So just a minor update. I have been following a thread on here where people had mentioned getting reasonable upgrade deals on different things with BA recently so I gave them a call. I had booked a group V Chrysler Pacifica or similar with my fly drive but really fancied the Full size SUV. I decided against it as it wasn't worth the price difference. Well today I upgraded it to the group Z Chrevrolet Tahoe or similar and the difference was about half what it was when I originally booked. Much prefer the look of these so I'm happy

Ok, hopefully the weather will look different!
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh wow, your plans sound amazing!
We did 3 weeks last year and it has well and truly spoilt us now. I don't think I could go back to a fortnight now
Looking forward to reading all about it

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So having started my Pre-trip report I found the motivation to call Disney this morning and upgrade my 14 day Ultimate tickets to 21 days. It's only taken me about 8 months to get round to it!

Well I'm glad I did. I was convinced it was £40 extra per ticket totalling £160 but called to find out it was only an extra £40 for all of us. My updated invoice arrived before I had put the phone down. Now to update my spreadsheet. I feel like I've just saved £120 by sitting on my bum this morning

I didn’t realise there was so little difference, I might change ours from 14 to 21 day tickets too, thanks

I really enjoyed your pre Trippie. You have packed loads in to your holiday, a bit of chill out time at the beach sounds great. We are doing a similar holiday, 1 week in a villa (our first time in a villa in Orlando) and then 2 weeks at the Beach Club.

We booked the Yacht Club originally but had to alter our dates slightly and there was no longer availability at the Yacht Club...keeping our fingers crossed for a full balcony at the Beach Club

We’re looking forward to staying at an Epcot resort, handy for the Food & Wine festival and some really good restaurants.

Our ADR day is coming up soon and I will be at work so I am going to have to get DH trained up for the task... fingers crossed.

Enjoy the rest of your planning
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Youll have a great time at MNSSHP, bag full of candy, I was so upset once we brought the bag home and all the candy had gone... we went cold turkey from it with the disney blues on top of that (can you imagine it)

MNSSHP is an experiance, Im glad we did it and got to see things that are not there all year round