Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 30 Mar 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyKim416
Trying for More Ears

Big fan of both chains! If you have Three mobile, download the Wuntu app - they often have a code for a free hot drink at Costa
DisneyKim416 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

I must admit I've boycotted Starbucks since the tax thing but I love a Costa. My favourite order is a medium skinny cappuccino with ciinnamon instead of chocolate, accompanied with a salted caramel muffin but I'm on slimming world at the moment (probably due to my high intake of salted caramel muffins) so I'm on straight americano. I like a dash of hot milk in it instead of cold so that it stays hot for longer. Although that's just when buying it to go, if I'm drinking it in I'm fine with cold

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I like their Tiffin? But sorry their coffee is not the best! Can I join for the Tiffin?
Old 30 Mar 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I don't wish to offend anyone but I don't think my Costa & Starbucks social group is being treated with the seriousness it deserves.

The social group is only open to people who drink Costa and Starbucks from the actual outlets (drink in or take away). If I start allowing people into this group discussing other non related subjects it will become anarchy, and the important subject matter (Costa & Starbucks) will be diluted.
Well, if you were discussing the "red cups" I'd be with you all the way.

Gingerbread latte...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
Ooh can I join please, I’m a regular at Costa and would love someone to break down the lingo for coffee ordering. I’ve just discovered that I can ask for my ‘shot on the side’ for my vanilla latte which is great as I can pour in 3/4 shot for my perfect drink.
Oh no, 4 more words to add to my order! And I always ask for a small glass of iced water on the side too - a habit picked up from hours spent in Vienna coffee houses when I lived there.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

What a good idea for a social group - can I join? I love a latte - just the plain normal sort though - no syrups, added shots, skinny milk etc. We only have Costas near us - no Starbucks.

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I like their Tiffin? But sorry their coffee is not the best! Can I join for the Tiffin?
I also love the Costa Tiffin and the Caramel Crisp

To add interest to todays group chat, I thought Id add a photo of todays drink with free chocolate - well it came with my daughters hot chocolate actually but as I paid I felt it only fair that I should have it! Happy Easter fellow addicts.

mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
What a good idea for a social group - can I join? I love a latte - just the plain normal sort though - no syrups, added shots, skinny milk etc. We only have Costas near us - no Starbucks.

I also love the Costa Tiffin and the Caramel Crisp

To add interest to todays group chat, I thought Id add a photo of todays drink with free chocolate - well it came with my daughters hot chocolate actually but as I paid I felt it only fair that I should have it! Happy Easter fellow addicts.

I love the choc on the side ...

But paper cups ( or coolers in plastic with straws) ... and no they won't put coffee in my bodum (thermos type ) mug. Too much waste.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Well I had a large cappuccino and a cake square at Costas the other day. First time in a while. I can't remember if they had any onions. Probably not though. A sad indictment of modern cafe culture.
Old 30 Mar 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I think someone should start a decent coffee shop social group.
Costa and Starbucks aren’t great. And I used to enjoy Costa for their coffee and Starbucks for their cakes. I’ve given up on Costa after so many bad coffees - I even prefer Starbucks flat white these days.
But, neither are the best when it comes to a good cup of coffee tbh.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Thank you for keeping the social group on track. Can I ask what size Chocolate Mocha you drink, and how frequently you have one?
Has to be a large (or whatever silly name they give it). I only get one about once a week Its my Friday lunch treat.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List