Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 11 Apr 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi Sparklebeam, and welcome. I can't say what the times are for Paris but my experience of running at WDW is that they are pretty generous, am sure other Dibbers will have the answer. What I really wanted to say is that at this stage of your training it's hard and 10k seems a long way off. Your body is still essentially getting used to running. If you stick to the guidance
(not so rigidly that you don't listen to your body and ease off when not feeling well or particularly tired) you will be suprised at how quickly you will progress Keep posting on here and you will get advice as you go, I'm happy to help with advice when you want it noting I'm not a qualified coach but am an experienced runner and an England Athletics qualified run leader.
Fillmore10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparklebeam
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Fillmore10 View Post
Hi Sparklebeam, and welcome. I can't say what the times are for Paris but my experience of running at WDW is that they are pretty generous, am sure other Dibbers will have the answer. What I really wanted to say is that at this stage of your training it's hard and 10k seems a long way off. Your body is still essentially getting used to running. If you stick to the guidance
(not so rigidly that you don't listen to your body and ease off when not feeling well or particularly tired) you will be suprised at how quickly you will progress Keep posting on here and you will get advice as you go, I'm happy to help with advice when you want it noting I'm not a qualified coach but am an experienced runner and an England Athletics qualified run leader.
Thank you for the welcome, I think I’m going to book the Disneyland Paris 5k this sept.
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Angeshall
Trying for More Ears

Did the St.Helens 10k this morning. It should have took place on 4th March, but was rearranged due to ‘the beast from the east’. It’s rather a hilly course, so no PBs! My watch said 1:03, which I was a little disappointed with, as I know I can always go faster! Otherwise it was a lovely run, weather was fab... so nice not having to wear hat and gloves!

Anyway, I’ve been concentrating on my distance (half marathon 20 May), so I’ve decided this week and gonna knock out some 5ks and work on my pace.

How is everyone else? I’m so looking forward to the nice weather this week, I’m excited to say that I’m gonna break out my running shorts for the first time this year!
Angeshall is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi Angeshall, well done on the 10k and good luck training for the half. I ran today and my body was like, what's with the heat! But it was lovely to feel the sun so am definitely not complaining. I have the Lichfield half in a couple of weeks as part of training for North Devon marathon in June, just getting into the big miles now
Fillmore10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Big well done to any Dibbers who ran London today tough conditions out there.
Old 22 Apr 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

No run for me today
Took part in our local hospice Pier to Pier Walk which was 14 miles then carried on until I’d walked 20 miles as I’m doing the London Moonwalk 26.2 miles in May and needed a 20 miles training Walk
Did 20.19 miles in the end
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Great stuff Talland, and good luck With the Moonwalk. No London for me either enjoyed it from the comfort of my sofa this year
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Morning!

I've come to join you at Angeshall's suggestion. I did the Wine & Dine 5k in November (loved it) and I'm currently training for the Great Manchester 10k on 19th May - I'm getting quite worried as I'm only at 5 miles in my training and struggling to push past that point (although I'd been deliberately doing hilly runs).

I'd love to do half marathons at WDW and DLP and get the Castle to Chateau badge but that's a distant dream... dreams of a marathon are even more distant.

Looking forward to following everyone else's running achievements
Old 23 Apr 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

Welcome skalexander, well done on the 5k that's a real milestone in distance You will be just fine with your 10k particularly doing hilly 5 milers, adrenaline and excitement will definitely carry you the extra distance. Running a half or full marathon is utterly achievable but don't feel rushed to get there, miles under the belt, experience and a very gradual build up will help you achieve those goals. I won't be on here for the next few days but happy to help if you ever want a view of something thereafter
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Morning!

I've come to join you at Angeshall's suggestion. I did the Wine & Dine 5k in November (loved it) and I'm currently training for the Great Manchester 10k on 19th May - I'm getting quite worried as I'm only at 5 miles in my training and struggling to push past that point (although I'd been deliberately doing hilly runs).

I'd love to do half marathons at WDW and DLP and get the Castle to Chateau badge but that's a distant dream... dreams of a marathon are even more distant.

Looking forward to following everyone else's running achievements
We are just sat at Orlando airport waiting to come home from doing the 10k Star Wars run. I had been doing the couch to 5k and managed running 5k non stop before we went. The longest I’d done was 7k but with a bit of walking. Managed to run the whole of the 10k on the day! I think the adrenaline and atmosphere kind of keeps you going. My pace was about my usual (not particularly fast) but I was so chuffed that I’d done it. I’m sure if you are running 5miles now you will do just fine.

Me and DH crossing the finishing line

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List