Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Dec 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Ive been helping a friend plan a trip to WDW for the last 6 months, they arrived thursday, used instacart ( just online, no app ) and ordered snacks and soft drinks etc etc, it arrived the day before they arrived and bell services had it stored for them, it worked well they said
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Just got my delivery last night. By sheer coincidence came as I checked in, all present and correct, Instacart guy was very nice chap loaded it straight onto a bell services trolly and they brought it straight up.
Cost me 40% less than Garden Grocer. Why would I use anyone else now?

Code $10 off :

inst.cr/t/PyzawcdyF
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
As many know, the likes of Instacart and Amazon are eating into Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin’s market share because they are a LOT cheaper. I was shocked when doing test baskets to see Garden Grocer had inflated grocery price by 50% in my basket.
I’ve finalised my Instacart today and here are a few tips:

1) You can only book it 5 days in advance. Do not worry it is a much bigger business than Garden Grocer and they actually have tons of time slots even on the same day.
2) As per a tip given to me on here, put a basket together well in advance and leave it, and you will be emailed with constantly extending (‘last chance’j $15 off first order vouchers.
3) If you put your basket together well in advance (months in my case) and go back in, a bug means your basket may disappear. Don’t worry as long as you are logged in, add something else to it and it comes back (you can then remove items).
4) Play around with quantities. If you are doing Publix it’s often they have 2 for 1 or second half price offers etc. This isn’t advertised on Instacart. I only twigged when I added a second shower gel and the price stayed the same! So I began playing around with quantities and, for example, added another 24 pack of water for $3.
5) They have some ‘buy enough quantity of this brand and we will deliver free offers’. For example, Gatorade, we like the zero calorie stuff and they also have this other brand (not called Gatorade but owned by them ) of watermelon water we like. I added another pack and don’t even have to pay the $15 delivery. I only assume brands are agreeing to subsidise it to sell more product.
6) Alcohol- I’ve heard Disney are becoming increasing strict on accepting this at bell services if you are getting delivery before you arrive. You may be OK, maybe not. For me, who likes advanced delivery of groceries (see below) I won’t risk it so am leaving it off. If you are at an Epcot resort you can walk over to the petrol station outside Boardwalk for a big beer selection.
7) Advanced delivery is good because bell services will refrigerate it, and I like it to be there when I arrive and it all go up to the room, so you are not having to hang about and meet the delivery etc. Disney recently put on its website that there is now a $5 charge to receive groceries (not just packages), I have seen this with my own eyes but haven’t time to trawl the website looking this minute. Only a few people have reportedly been charged it and mentioned it on forums (insistent it was for groceries and not just packages) but it seems spottily enforced with many recent trippers saying they still haven’t been charged. Don’t be surprised though if you are.

Edit
Just finalised order, a few more tips:
8) There is nowhere to put anything but a US Zip code in the Zip code box when you are entering payment details. Leave it blank and just put your whole address in the address tab including postcode in the address tab, and payment goes through fine.
9) They charged me a $9 admin fee to ‘help fund instacart’. However wasn’t too bothered as paid no delivery. Prices were often very good, for example I was getting my favourite Chex cereal for $2 a box on offer! I got 8 boxes, this will last me and the kids 2 weeks.
10) You don’t have to leave a tip but it auto comes up as 5% unless you change it. I spent $200. I toyed with leaving nothing, but went for $5 instead. I’m already paying delivery (or would be if I’d not ordered enough Gatorade to get free delivery) and an admin charge.
11) I couldn’t see any $15 off, despite clicking another email today saying it’s extended (again). Maybe it’s because I got free delivery. So I googled Instacart Coupon and got a discount code for $15 off, applied it, and it knocked $10 off. Ok, no big deal at least it’s more off.

We got a very big shop in, Bell Services will be cursing us lol. I reckon Garden Grocer would have been $80+ more. I’ll report back in this thread how it went Saturday.

Here is a $10 off code is anyone needs one PAULH2C219A. Hope it works.

Thanks for the code..it worked for me!
Old 3 Feb 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hibby70
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Off to Speedway in a couple of hours.
Glad you mentioned this. Thinking of staying at CBR and being car-less.

Thinking that I could Skyliner it over to HS and go to Speedway for water, beer and snacks for the room rather than getting an Uber further afield.

Looks walkable assuming I can get over the road easily.
Hibby70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

Thinking that I could Skyliner it over to HS and go to Speedway for water, beer and snacks for the room rather than getting an Uber further afield.

You would need to walk from the Boardwalk, there is no way to walk directly from DHS parking lot to the speedway.
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hibby70
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
You would need to walk from the Boardwalk, there is no way to walk directly from DHS parking lot to the speedway.
Looking at Google maps it looks like I can take the connector pathway from the Skyliner stop alongside the lake then under the road. Then right along to speedway without going through the car park.
Hibby70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

Yes easily walkable. About 10 mins to the Boardwalk along the path adjacent to Skyliner station (next to canal) then down the Boardwalk drive as per my photos back in this thread. Will work for Riviera, Art of Animation etc as well!

New 10% off and free delivery code, let me know if it doesn’t work:

PAULH2C2144

Edited at 11:48 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Just catching up on this, as two of us so glad we hardly don’t have to buy much at at all and just love just popping to Publix for a browse!
Yorkshire T, Yeungling is also my husband’s favourite!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Moogles Smith
slightly serious Dibber

YT, thanks for all the advice and codes.
We are super impressed with Instacart, we had to cancel our order due to our delays the wknd, cancelled with no charge, reordered in the early hours on the drive to BLT, using the same codes and order history and it was delivered by 10.48am, brilliant service.

DVC Owner - Polynesian
Moogles Smith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moogles Smith View Post
YT, thanks for all the advice and codes.
We are super impressed with Instacart, we had to cancel our order due to our delays the wknd, cancelled with no charge, reordered in the early hours on the drive to BLT, using the same codes and order history and it was delivered by 10.48am, brilliant service.
Moogles- I am very glad it worked well for you- I have had great service from them too- have no idea why anyone would pay 40% ish more for Garden Grocer etc. Have nice time at BLT- wish I was there, love BLT!