Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 29 Oct 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Thinking of you, it’s just hideous

I’m currently struggling with coming back from the holiday & not doing the usual Sharing with mum about it, she’s usually phoned as soon as we’re through the airport as we know she’d be wanting to know we’d landed safely & to hear all about it. Xx
Thanks...there are many occasions with that 'missing feeling'Even when my mum was poorly I would call my sister to 'tell mum' it feels weird not saying it... I am so glad you went away on your holiday hopefully it gave you the break you needed
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks...there are many occasions with that 'missing feeling'Even when my mum was poorly I would call my sister to 'tell mum' it feels weird not saying it... I am so glad you went away on your holiday hopefully it gave you the break you needed
Really was exactly what we needed, aside from the fun element, just the 4 of us being together for some quality time was really valuable. There were of course reminders round every corner (not least ‘grandma’ items) but I’m that that’s something I’ve got to learn to live with!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Really was exactly what we needed, aside from the fun element, just the 4 of us being together for some quality time was really valuable. There were of course reminders round every corner (not least ‘grandma’ items) but I’m that that’s something I’ve got to learn to live with!
I am so glad that you has a good time and quality time that you needed.

Yes these are a devastating reminder any 'Mum', 'Dad', 'Grandma' and 'Grandad' items... or when you see something you know they would really like.
It is hard to learn to live with this , I know we don't have a choice but there are so many reminders in life that you don't even realise.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Just booked myself into a spin class on Thursday, whilst this doesn't sound like a big deal, to me it feels like the first step in rebuilding myself, I used to be a fitness instructor and since stopping teaching have put on lots of weight and feel very unfit.

It's been almost 2 years now of going through hell & I feel like I need to do something to try and rebuild myself and find ways of making myself feel better!

Hope everyone out there is doing ok.

On the practical side, I signed the probate papers last week and swore my oath, so things should start going through now, should all be fairly straightforward, fingers crossed.

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Christmas shopping with constant reminders and seeing things I could get my mum. I saw a pasta and olive oil set and thought she would of loved that when she was well!
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Christmas shopping with constant reminders and seeing things I could get my mum. I saw a pasta and olive oil set and thought she would of loved that when she was well!
Christmas and the run up are going to be such a tough time <3

Old 12 Nov 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Our local parish church had a service yesterday afternoon to remember loved ones
My Mum wanted to go ( she attends a bereavement group there) so I went with her
It was a lovely service and they read out a list of names of loved ones
We lit candles to remember my DH and Dad
I was s lot more tearful than I expected
There was tea and cakes afterwards and also a display of Poppies and WW 1 local men who didn’t return
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
Our local parish church had a service yesterday afternoon to remember loved ones
My Mum wanted to go ( she attends a bereavement group there) so I went with her
It was a lovely service and they read out a list of names of loved ones
We lit candles to remember my DH and Dad
I was s lot more tearful than I expected
There was tea and cakes afterwards and also a display of Poppies and WW 1 local men who didn’t return
The local hospice has contacted me about counselling and also spoken of a similar service that we could add mum's name to.

I'm quite tempted with the counselling and haven't ruled it out yet, I've never had counselling in my life, prefer to just get on with things, but I know I'm constantly living on the brink of not coping at the moment and it may actually do me some good.

Old 12 Nov 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

I work as a nurse and my manager referred me to OH who provided me with counselling which I found really useful
With one of Richards life insurance policies the company also covered the cost of a fixed number of counsellors if I’d wanted to use the service
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just booked myself into a spin class on Thursday, whilst this doesn't sound like a big deal, to me it feels like the first step in rebuilding myself, I used to be a fitness instructor and since stopping teaching have put on lots of weight and feel very unfit.

It's been almost 2 years now of going through hell & I feel like I need to do something to try and rebuild myself and find ways of making myself feel better!

Hope everyone out there is doing ok.

On the practical side, I signed the probate papers last week and swore my oath, so things should start going through now, should all be fairly straightforward, fingers crossed.
That's great what a positivestep to make
I feel this process is going so slowly. Because I have 2 sisters,we all have 3 children each organising house clearing and everything is difficult haven't even got the probate sorted and we have no will arghhhh.