Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Sep 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Charlie's First DLP Adventure - August 2018 - Day 3: Character breakfast, Annette's Diner and Parade

Index can be found here

Saturday 11th August 2018
Steps: 28,391
Miles: 11.69

The alarm went off bright and early at 6:45am but it took two hits of the snooze button before I could drag myself out of bed! We had actually had a very good night with Charlie as he had only woken up once (on a usual night its every few hours!)… I think the Disney magic had been sprinkled on him!

We all got ourselves ready for the day and were out of the room by 7:50am although Paul had to make a quick trip back as half way down the corridor he realised he hadn’t put in his contact lenses!

We had a character breakfast at Plaza Gardens this morning so on leaving the hotel we made our way directly to Disneyland Parc, arriving out front at 8:05am. It was another glorious bright morning!

On making it into the park we headed straight down Main Street towards the castle, once again enjoying how lovely and quiet it was!

We stopped in front of the castle to get some photos. It’s a great time to do this as the walkway through the castle is closed so you can get some great shots directly in front without anyone in the background!

Our breakfast was booked for 8:15am so we had to move on pretty quickly. Looking back if we were to book the character breakfast again I would definitely opt for the later 9:30am sitting, that way you could make the most of EMH before heading for something to eat. Doing the earlier sitting like we did we ended up missing them completely!

Plaza Gardens is situated at the end of Main Street so it was a short stroll over and we were making our way in before we knew it.

We had pre-booked this breakfast through Magic Breaks, as we had already added the normal hotel breakfast to our booking it was only an extra €15 per person to upgrade, a really good price in my opinion!

On making our way in we were immediately shown to a table and a high chair was brought over for Charlie. We settled him in and I went up to the buffet to get him some food. The offering was very similar to that of the hotel, although I was excited to see the addition of pancakes!

It wasn’t long and the characters started making their way through the restaurant. The first group included Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore and Pluto. Charlie spotted them across the room and was paying great attention which was a good sign!

Eeyore was the first character to stop by our table and when he got there Paul was still up at the buffet getting his food so I had to wave him frantically back over! Charlie was most interested in him and didn’t seem concerned or phased at all, which was a big relief as I pictured cries of terror!

From there on out it all moved very quickly! The characters came round in quite quick succession so it was tricky getting Charlie to eat anything as we had to keep getting him and out of the highchair to pose for photos! It also was hard to find time to eat anything ourselves! But I was absolutely loving it, this is the first character dining we have ever done and it was so much fun getting so up close to the characters and having photos taken with them.

Next up was Pluto, who I think was definitely Charlie’s favourite… he particularly seemed to enjoy pulling his ears!

Then we had a visit from Tigger

Last in this group of characters was Piglet… Charlie again went straight for the ears!

The next batch of characters followed pretty quickly after, we did try to shovel in some food quickly before they started to make it to us!

First we had a visit from Scrooge McDuck, Paul had to stop Charlie from pulling at his hat!

Next up was Daisy Duck and I must admit I got a little bit excited here so told Paul that I wanted to get a photo of just the two of us before we added Charlie in… it’s not all about him you know!

Last and definitely not least was Mickey Mouse! I again was super keen to get a photo with him on my own… I have managed it on our last few trips so wanted a shot with the main man to add to my collection! I also made Paul pose for one with him too!

We then got Charlie out of his high chair so he could get in on the photo action! My whole reason for booking this breakfast was so he could meet Mickey Mouse on his very first Disney trip so this was such a special moment.

After waving goodbye to Mickey we got back to eating breakfast but we knew we needed to get a wiggle on as the CMs were quick to start clearing the table, clearly getting ready for the next sitting that was coming up! I gave Charlie a quick feed as he was starting to seem sleepy and then we headed on out leaving Plaza Gardens at 9:20am.

In summary I loved our first character dining experience! My main objective to booking it was so we could get a photo of Charlie with Mickey Mouse without having to queue up for a long time for the normal meet and greet. This was definitely achieved and we also got to meet some other great characters too which was fantastic. We found that the characters didn’t spend too long with us but this was most likely down to Charlie being so young and not being able to engage with them (well he did like pulling ears!), from watching other tables it was clear they spent much more time with older children so I’m sure as Charlie gets older we will get even more from an experience like this.

On leaving Plaza Gardens we made our way round to Discoveryland and found Buzz Lightyear was only a 10 minute wait so we parked up the pushchair and headed on in.

I volunteered to have Charlie on my lap as we all know how seriously Paul takes this ride and I didn’t want his score being impacted but a wriggly baby on his lap! Charlie was very intrigued by the gun and kept trying to grab it out of my hand so he could eat it! Unsurprisingly Paul won!

On coming out of Buzz we carried on walking further into Discoveryland and found the single rider line for Hyperspace Mountain to only be a 5 minute wait. After riding it already, Paul was super keen for me to go on as he knew it would be a ride I would love. So waving the boys goodbye I took the opportunity for my first ever attraction as a single rider!

There was absolutely no one else in the single rider queue so on getting to the loading area I was directed immediately into a waiting car!

Paul was right, I did indeed love it! The Star Wars theming was a little lost on me having never seen any of the films, but I was still massively impressed with this ride! I would liken it more to Rock ’n’ Rollercoaster than Space Mountain in WDW. Such a great thrill ride!

On making it back outside I found Paul waiting by the exit with a sleeping Charlie. As the single rider wait time was sill showing 5 minutes Paul decided to go in for a ride too.

Whilst Charlie was sleeping so soundly I took the opportunity to take a little wander around Discoveryland whilst I waited for Paul.

Paul was soon back as he too had walked straight on. Those single rider queues are a winner when you have a baby!

With Charlie still asleep we decided to head into Cafe Hyperion to get a fountain coke but on making it inside we found it wasn’t yet open! We took the opportunity to have a quick toilet stop though!

We decided to head out of Discoveryland at this point and make our way over to Fantasyland. As Charlie was still asleep we thought we would have a look around Sir Mickey Boutique. Despite being in there only a few minutes I managed to pick up a Mickey Mouse towel (€19.99) and some 25th anniversary Minnie ears (€16.99). When at the till paying I was also sucked into the offer of another towel for only €9.99 as we had spent over €20… I’m not one to turn down a bargain like that! And those towels worked out to be a justified purchase as I now use them every week for Charlie’s swimming lessons! I opted to have these bits sent back to the hotel to be picked up from the gift shop later to save us having to carry them around with us for the rest of the day.

Leaving the shop Charlie was still asleep (that pushchair sure must be comfy!) so we headed over to Au Chalet De La Marionette as Paul was still craving a fountain coke but on arriving we found this too was shut and didn’t open until 11:30am. From there we took a stroll over to the back of Fantasyland where Casey Jr. Train and Storybook Land Canal Boats are. This area had been closed when we visited last year so we were keen to check it out and were happy they were both rides that were suitable for Charlie… although as he was still asleep we would have to come back!

Our next stop was the Aladdin walk-though, something we also hadn’t seen on our last visit.

On making it back outside it was now 11:15am and Charlie finally woken up! He was needing some milk so we headed towards the castle and found a nice quiet spot to stop and give him a feed. Before heading off we thought it would be good to give him some time out of the pushchair so I popped him in the baby carrier which he seemed very happy about, he seems to enjoy being able to see that much more!

On walking past the castle we stopped for some photos…

We started to head up to the castle to walk through but then decided to make a detour to see the dragon that lives under the castle, this was also closed on our last visit so it was great to finally see him!

On making it back out into Fantasyland it was now past 11:30am so we headed back over to Au Chalet De La Marionette to get a Coke for each of us (€3.59 each).

We took the drinks outside and found a table to plot up to give ourselves a little pit stop.

Whilst we stopped Paul checked in with his Dad and Val and it turned out they were also in Fantasyland so they came and met us with the plan that we would all go and ride the storybook boats and the Casey Jr. train together. Once we had finished our drinks we headed straight in that direction and on arriving we found the boats to be only a 10 minute wait so we parked up the pushchair and joined the queue for that first.

This was such a lovely ride and perfect for little ones. On leaving the loading dock Charlie went and sat in the front row with Nanny and Grandad with Paul and I sat directly behind. The ride did stop for a while half way round and we were out in the direct sun at that point which was a bit of a worry as Charlie, as always, was refusing to keep his hat on! Luckily we were moving again pretty quickly!

On disembarking the boats we headed directly over to ride the Casey Jr. train. Now I am seeing this as a rollercoaster so out came the milestone card to document this momentous occasion (as expected, Charlie wanted to eat it!)

The carriages for the train are pretty small so we weren’t able to get all three of us in together so Paul rode in the front carriage with Charlie and I went in the next carriage back.

This was also a lovely little ride, perfect for little ones! Charlie was super happy on getting back into his pushchair so I am assuming he enjoyed them too!

It was now approaching lunchtime so we decided it was a good a time as any to go and grab some food. Alan and Val were also feeling peckish so we decided to head out to the Village to find somewhere to eat, leaving the park at 1pm.

We wanted to try Annette’s Diner but were dubious if we would be able to get a table what with it being lunch time but on going in at 1:10pm we were told we could be seated straight away. This made me super happy, I had been really keen to eat here on our last trip but the queues were always crazy (you can’t book a table) so it was a great result that we could experience it on this trip.

We were sat at the very back of the restaurant and a highchair was brought over for Charlie. Looking through the menu Paul and I both opted for the cheeseburger and fries with a cherry coke and we also ordered a portion of hash browns on the side.

The food was delicious, I am not ordinarily a huge lover of burgers but these were really tasty! Charlie was so wonderfully behaved the whole time too, and was super smiley and giggly… I was doing an impression of the green alien men from Toy Story saying ‘the claw’ and he seemed to think it was hilarious! (Must be easily pleased!)

With food devoured we settled up the bill and headed back out into the village, by now it was 2:20pm.

At this point we parted ways with Alan and Val and headed back into Studios, arriving there at 2:30pm.

Charlie needed a nappy change so we headed straight to the baby care centre that is right at the entrance of the park. This is the first time we had used one of these and I was very impressed! It was lovely and quiet and clean, the perfect place to have a pit stop with a baby!

Whilst in there I took the opportunity to give Charlie a quick feed. Whilst there the lovely CM who was working in there asked me Charlie’s name and came back with a cute little badge… although my Essex accent must have been tricky to understand as the first one she came back with had ‘Johnny’ on! We got there eventually and it’s been kept as a nice little keepsake for his memory box.

On leaving the baby care centre the first thing on our agenda was to get a Ratatouille FP so that was the direction we headed in.

On arriving at Ratatouille we found the FP return time to be 5:45-6:15pm which would clash with the parade over in Disneyland Parc which we didn’t want to miss as today would be our last opportunity to see it. I was starting to think we might never get to ride it as this rate and was cursing the old school paper FP system that doesn’t give you any flexibility with choosing times!

Charlie had fallen asleep by this point so we kept walking to ensure he snoozed for as long as possible and soon we found ourselves over in Production Courtyard where Stark Expo Presents: Energy for Tomorrow was on stage. Whilst we were there I also took the opportunity to pose with Hulk and Iron Man!

From here we decided to leave Studios and head back over to Disneyland Parc, stopping at the gift shops on the way out. Whilst in there I picked up a pull-back and light up Lightening McQueen for our nephew Joshua (€14.99), a Frozen stationary set for our niece Emilie (€16.99) and a Mickey cup for my friend Kate’s little girl Mollie (€9.99). Whilst at the till I once again got sucked into their offer of a DLP Mickey Mouse teddy which was only €9.99 as I was spending over €30 (a lovely keepsake for Charlie I thought!)

We exited Studios at 3:45pm and by 3:50pm were heading into Disneyland Parc.

Our plan of action was to meet Joan and John over in Fantasyland as they had Reece and Izzy with them whilst Tam and Craig were off riding Indiana Jones. On finding them Charlie was still asleep and Izzy was also sleeping… Disney sure does knock these kiddies out! As Reece was very much awake and raring to go Paul and John took him on the Story book boats whilst Joan and I waited with the sleeping beauties.

Once the boys returned we heard from Tam and they had plotted up at the corner of Main Street opposite Casey’s corner to wait for the parade. So with Charlie and Izzy both now awake we made our way in that direction to find them. Now this was not a fun part of the trip, trying to get through the hub and up to Main Street at this time of day when so many people were waiting for the parade was an absolute nightmare! Everywhere was completely blocked and people were so rude and not helpful at all in letting anyone past. Trying to manoeuvre pushchairs through everyone was rather stressful, I was glad that Paul was holding Charlie as I imagine it would have been rather daunting if he had been in the pushchair whilst I was trying to battle my way through the crowds! This would be my one negative of DLP, they don’t seem to have their crowd control as tight as WDW! Or maybe it is just much more noticeable to me now I am having to navigate these crowds with a pushchair!

Anyway enough grumbling, we did eventually make our way through and were reunited with the rest of the group who had parked up at a table and were tucking into ice cream.

Paul made a quick dash over to Casey’s Corner to get some cokes and also a twister lolly for himself. Charlie was most interested in the lolly and very excited when we allowed him a little lick! (A little cameo from nanny in the background here!)

It wasn’t too long before the parade started and whilst the rest of the group moved forward to get a better view we decided to hang back so we could watch from the safety of the shade, it had got very hot and with Charlie refusing to wear a hat we were keen to keep him out of the sun!

It certainly wasn’t the best view but it was good enough for us to say we saw the parade! Maybe when Charlie is a bit older we can try and secure a better spot earlier on but whilst he is so small keeping him happy was the priority!

Once the parade was over we decided to head back to the hotel for a freshen up, leaving the park at 6:10pm and arriving back at the room at 6:30pm. Everton were playing that night and as avid fans Paul and his Dad were keen to watch so had planned to meet at the Sports Cafe in the village so Paul made a quick turnaround and headed back out whilst I stayed back in the room to bath Charlie and get us both ready for the evening. By 7:15pm we were ready to go back out. Charlie was super happy and smiley… the breaking of his normal night time routine really didn’t seem to be bothering him much!

Although on making it half way down the corridor I smelt something very suspicious and realised we had a code brown situation on our hands so back to the room we went for a fresh nappy!

Take two at 7:25pm! I had opted for my rainbow ears this evening and whilst in the lift a lady asked me where they were from and I most proudly told her Primark for the bargain price of £3! She said they were the nicest ones she had seen, how lovely! I was particularly proud of how they matched my rainbow Mickey t-shirt!

I made my way to the Village and into the Sports cafe to find Paul and Alan. Charlie was seeming pretty sleepy again so I decided to take him for a stroll in hope he would have a little snooze and then would last a bit later into the night. We headed in the direction of Rainforest Cafe, stopping for some photos on the way!

By 8:05pm Charlie had fallen asleep… I’m not sure how having his leg propped up on the bumper bar makes for a comfy sleeping position but he does this all the time!

The football was soon finished, the score ending on a 2-2 draw. I walked back down to the Sports Cafe to meet with the others and then together we made our way over to Disneyland Parc, arriving there at 8:45pm.

Alan and Val had some of their hotel FPs to use up and decided they wanted to ride Peter Pan and as they had two going spare they offered them up to us so we could ride with them. Very lovely of them and it meant we missed the 40 minute standby queue which was a result!

On exiting Peter Pan Alan and Val decided they were going to call it a night so we said our goodbyes. We were at this point feeling a little peckish so decided to go on the hunt for some food. We made our way over to Fuente del Oro as this was somewhere I was keen to try but on arriving the queue was huge so we decided to give it a miss and instead decided to make our way out of the park and find some food in the Village.

We made it all the way to Discovery Arcade that runs along behind Main Street and I realised that we had lost Sophie the Giraffe! She had been clipped onto the pushchair but Charlie must have pulled her off and dropped her somewhere in the park. Paul went back a little way to see if he could see her but by now it was dark and she truly could have been anywhere. I must admit I was pretty upset, we had had Sophie since before Charlie was born and she had been a gift so losing her was quite upsetting, plus she is one of Charlie’s favourite toys! I made a plan to check in at City Hall the next day before we left to see if anyone had handed her in as knew there was not much we could do at that point (on leaving the next day the queue for City Hall was crazy long so sadly we never got to see if Sophie had been handed in but I did order a new one on the journey home so she was replaced very quickly and Charlie was none the wiser). So original Sophie now lives in Disneyland Parc, there are worst places to be rehomed eh?!

We finally made our way out the park at 10:15pm and as we were walking through the village we decided to stop at one of the kiosks to pick up some churros. I failed to take a photo or write down how much they cost but I did get a snap of Paul buying them if that in any way makes up for it!

As we were walking past the Sports Cafe we spotted the rest of the group in the outside seating area (minus Alan and Val who had already headed back to the hotel). We stopped in and said our hellos but didn’t stay for long as we were seriously flagging by this point and also still very hungry! Food options were pretty limited as by now it was 10:35pm so we didn’t really want to sit in anywhere so as a compromise we popped into New York Style Sandwiches and picked up two hotdogs (€8.99) and two bottles of Cokes. We took them to takeaway so we could eat them back at the hotel.

We made it back to Sequoia Lodge at 10:55pm and I made a quick stop into the gift shop to pick up the bits of shopping I had had sent their earlier in the day. Whilst in there I couldn’t resist a mug for myself (€10.99) and a glittery bouncy ball for Charlie (€4.99).

We finally made it back to the room at 11:05pm and I set about getting Charlie ready for bed and settled down for the night, he was so tired and by 11:30pm was sound asleep. At this point we finally got around to eating our hotdogs! They were actually very delicious even cold, so I imagine they would have been even better if eaten hot!

As we would be checking out and heading home tomorrow (sob) I started having a bit of a sort out to avoid having to do it all in the morning and as I was pottering about I spotted the churros in the pushchair… we had completely forgotten about them! So there we was at 11:55pm tucking into them!

Feeling thoroughly pooped we finally fell into bed at 12:10pm and were asleep very soon after!

So that brings us to the end of our last full day at DLP, a jam packed one of meeting characters, eating yummy food and kind of seeing the parade! Tomorrow it is time to head home but not before getting some last park time in!

Day 4 can be found here

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Aw what a wonderful fun fun day!

Absolutely love the pics of the character breakfast, especially Mickey! I’ve never seen Scrooge McDuck anywhere before! Ace! Breakfast did seem rushed though! And no food pics?! Tut tut young lady

So glad you got on hyperspace mountain! Sounds very cool!

I did NOT know that a dragon lived under the castle at DLP! How cool is that?

Just love all the photos of Charlie Chops today, he looks so happy! Totally love his leg up sleeping position too haha! Chillin!

How did the parade compare to Festival of Fantasy?

Poor Sophie giraffe

Fab read, as per! Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Worth getting there early for those empty park photos . It will be a good idea making use of the single rider lines, you did well with those. Charlie is definitely a Disney fan in the making.
Love the Anniversary Minnie ears. I do hope there is something similar when we go !
Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Ahh what a fab day! I've been so looking forward to reading another instalment

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What a brilliant day. Charlie's smile is so cute. He was so good meeting the characters. M screamed when we went for the first time and was a similar age!

Glad to read Annette's is still delicious. We have very happy memories there.

Buying a mug is a must!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DevonPumpkin
Earning More Ears

Plaza gardens looks so good, it looks like Charlie really loved the characters! You've definitely got a Disney fan in the making
DevonPumpkin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Another packed day! How lovely that Charlie enjoyed his first character meet. He has been a little superstar hasn't he - loving the characters and the rides. Any dibber worried about travelling with a really young child can take heart from your experience.

Always great to read along.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Charlie still keeping up with the pace. It’s great that you are doing your own thing as a family but joining in with the group when it suits all, rather than trying to tackle it as a big group. Much less stressful I’m sure.
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Aw what a wonderful fun fun day!

Absolutely love the pics of the character breakfast, especially Mickey! I’ve never seen Scrooge McDuck anywhere before! Ace! Breakfast did seem rushed though! And no food pics?! Tut tut young lady

So glad you got on hyperspace mountain! Sounds very cool!

I did NOT know that a dragon lived under the castle at DLP! How cool is that?

Just love all the photos of Charlie Chops today, he looks so happy! Totally love his leg up sleeping position too haha! Chillin!

How did the parade compare to Festival of Fantasy?

Poor Sophie giraffe

Fab read, as per! Xxx
I am so sorry for the lack of food photos at breakfast... there was just no time!

Well I hate to admit it but I have only seen FoF once and that was also from a distance in the safety of the shade so I can't really compare the two! Must do better when it comes to parades! What I will say though is that neither are a patch on MSEP!

The dragon is a nice touch, a little something that the DLP castle has over WDW!

Such a happy little chappy... the Disney magic clearly has got to him! xxx

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Worth getting there early for those empty park photos . It will be a good idea making use of the single rider lines, you did well with those. Charlie is definitely a Disney fan in the making.
Love the Anniversary Minnie ears. I do hope there is something similar when we go !
Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.
I love those ears so much, the sequins really catch the light beautifully! I can't wait to take them to WDW on our next trip!

I think we definitely have a little Disney fan on our hands, he took to it all like a duck to water!

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
Ahh what a fab day! I've been so looking forward to reading another instalment
Thank you so much for reading! I can't believe I only have one more instalment to go

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
What a brilliant day. Charlie's smile is so cute. He was so good meeting the characters. M screamed when we went for the first time and was a similar age!

Glad to read Annette's is still delicious. We have very happy memories there.

Buying a mug is a must!

M x
I was so nervous that It would go the other way with the characters and we would have a terrified screaming baby! It might be a different scenario when he is a bit older and more knowing!

I loved Annette's, will definitely be on must-do list for our next visit!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DevonPumpkin View Post
Plaza gardens looks so good, it looks like Charlie really loved the characters! You've definitely got a Disney fan in the making
I loved the breakfast, it was a great introduction to character dining... I am going to be hooked now for sure!

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Another packed day! How lovely that Charlie enjoyed his first character meet. He has been a little superstar hasn't he - loving the characters and the rides. Any dibber worried about travelling with a really young child can take heart from your experience.

Always great to read along.
I am still in disbelief just how good he was the whole trip! Taking a baby certainly was daunting but he made it so easy for us which was a huge relief! Such a little superstar!

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Charlie still keeping up with the pace. It’s great that you are doing your own thing as a family but joining in with the group when it suits all, rather than trying to tackle it as a big group. Much less stressful I’m sure.
He must have inherited our Disney stamina which is good to see!

I was a little nervous going out as such a big group but it worked out really well, I think the key was not trying to attempt to do too much together and instead allowing everyone the freedom to do their own thing!