Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Oct 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
St Augustine really is the most beautiful and amazing place. I feel like we have barely scratched the surface, even after three trips there. I am always happy when I read a trip report and somebody else understands and experiences the beauty of a place for themselves. I am so excited to be going back in January, but have loved living it vicariously through your trip report so far.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Just caught up, fab travel and first couple of days guys. St Augustine sounds fab, got to ask, good as AMI? We went in May and really missed the AMI City Pier, won't be going back now until it's rebuilt. A trip without fishing on a sunrise just wasn't the same 😔

Looking forward to following your posts through the year.

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
St Augustine really is the most beautiful and amazing place. I feel like we have barely scratched the surface, even after three trips there. I am always happy when I read a trip report and somebody else understands and experiences the beauty of a place for themselves. I am so excited to be going back in January, but have loved living it vicariously through your trip report so far.
Aw thank you so much ! This is such a special place and I am surprised it does not feature more highly on the tourist radar - just so different to immerse yourself in historic American and we never got time to do so much. Will need to return

Really appreciate your comments and hope you enjoy returning there in January.

Have just posted day 3 if you wanted to see a whole host of photos of St Augustine to tide you over until your trip

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Just caught up, fab travel and first couple of days guys. St Augustine sounds fab, got to ask, good as AMI? We went in May and really missed the AMI City Pier, won't be going back now until it's rebuilt. A trip without fishing on a sunrise just wasn't the same 😔

Looking forward to following your posts through the year.

Sharon
Thanks Sharon, was going to PM you a reply but thought it worth sharing to the wider trip report reading Dibbers too.

It is a completely different vibe than AMI, which is good. The beach is a short drive away if you want it, yet we just spent all of our time walking and exploring. It is a throwback in time and in that respect shares a commonality with AMI, yet goes even further back in time than even I thought there would still be evidence in American history.

As for the City pier in AMI Over a year after Irma ensured it was not possible to be used it is amazing to see how the local council are as much use as my own in this country.

There is so much politics involved in the design of the new pier and the delays together with the red tide this summer will be crippling for so many.

Hope you keep reading as we had a day later in the holiday which was an unexpected gulf coast trip - not to AMI though.

Hope you enjoy sharing the rest of the trip and as always thank you so much for your comments - if anyone is reading this and wondering about the City Pier at Anna Maria Island - it has it's own facebook page which is visible by a simple search online. Some heartbreaking photos of the demolition of the old pier

Our Day 3 is just a click here away for more St Augustine exploration

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Let's not go there with Disney Resort parking fees.

The expensive breakfast pastries do look very tasty.

I love your little house, I'd have loved to daydream about all the history it has seen.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Let's not go there with Disney Resort parking fees.

The expensive breakfast pastries do look very tasty.

I love your little house, I'd have loved to daydream about all the history it has seen.
I think we really need a Resort parking discussion good to see you saw my bait!

The house had so much history , you really got caught up in it

Old 21 Jan 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Sounds like you really feel in love with St Augustine And with good reason, it looks beautiful. I saw the Dale Winton programme too, thanks Dale! (R.I.P)

Your cottage/shack/villa/house is so unique. Where did you find it?

Old 25 Jan 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Sounds like you really feel in love with St Augustine And with good reason, it looks beautiful. I saw the Dale Winton programme too, thanks Dale! (R.I.P)

Your cottage/shack/villa/house is so unique. Where did you find it?

A find on homeaway and we chose it so we could walk into the old town area.

We really did fall in love with St Augustine, as with the place we stayed, a unique place amidst all of the built up cities of America.

Everyone who visits Florida should go there at least once!

Old 19 Feb 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It really does look a beautiful place.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It really does look a beautiful place.
Words and photos don't do it justice, there was such a great atmosphere here and exceeded every expectation that we had.