Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Dec 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s so hard, isn’t it, Dewdropdazzle? Ours took 28 days, but it felt like months. Good luck! What was your offer?
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dewdropdazzle
Excited about Disney

Dewdropdazzle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We offered $138 for 120 at BLT which was more than we wanted to pay but it was one of the few at the time that matched our April use year we have at Copper Creek and BLT is where we want to be. Hoping we hear soon... that’ll be a lovely Xmas present
I Drive 1997,Villa 1998 & 2006, Wilderness Lodge 2008,Fort Wilderness 2009,Old Key West 2010,Fort Wilderness 2011,Wilderness Lodge 2012, DLP 2013,Villa 2014 & 2015, POFQ /Fort Wilderness 2016,Villa 2017, DVC Copper Creek 2018, Saratoga Springs Feb 2019, Villa Aug 2019
Dewdropdazzle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

I hope it goes quickly for you. Maybe getting ready for Christmas will help keep your mind off it!
Old 13 Dec 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

This should probably be a different thread, but I’m wondering how long the seller has access to the points? I was starting to worry a little that the points might not be in my account by the end of January so I spoke to the company and the seller has now banked them for us. This made curious about what else the seller could do with the points before closing. If they’re able to bank them, could they theoretically use them, or borrow all of next years? Would we still have to pay if they did? I have no fear that any of these things are going to happen as everyone has been great so far. I’m just curious! :-)
Old 13 Dec 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
This should probably be a different thread, but I’m wondering how long the seller has access to the points? I was starting to worry a little that the points might not be in my account by the end of January so I spoke to the company and the seller has now banked them for us. This made curious about what else the seller could do with the points before closing. If they’re able to bank them, could they theoretically use them, or borrow all of next years? Would we still have to pay if they did? I have no fear that any of these things are going to happen as everyone has been great so far. I’m just curious! :-)
When it goes into estoppel the account is meant (meant) to be locked down as I understand it. Up until the point of estoppel (maybe at the end) they can do what they want. Your contract has a penalty clause. So if Disney noted points had been used at the point of lockdown, that is reported back to the closing company who take the penalty from the seller and give it to you (or your contact may allow you to cancel). Penalty is normally about $20 a point. I have never read of it actually happening. Most sellers would not wish to sacrifice $20 a point. If you needed the points you could rent them and then pocket the difference.

Edited at 07:05 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks very much YorkshireT. As we’re over a week into estoppel I’d assumed they wouldn’t be able to bank them now. I’m obviously quite glad they could!
Old 13 Dec 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

That was quick! We’ve just had closing documents. I now have to work out how to get a cashiers cheque. :-)
Old 14 Dec 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

That was quick! We’ve just had closing documents. I now have to work out how to get a cashiers cheque. :-)
Are you not sending HiFX or similar?
Old 14 Dec 18, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have no idea how to pay! The documents we got tonight just asked us to return with a cashiers cheque. I’ll have to contact the title company tomorrow.
Old 14 Dec 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I have no idea how to pay! The documents we got tonight just asked us to return with a cashiers cheque. I’ll have to contact the title company tomorrow.
That's for Americans. You need to be using HiFX or similar, much better exchange rate than via your bank. Basically you transfer your money to them with the details of the US account and they wire it over.