Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jan 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

there is nothing more annoying than being rushed at dinner - and unfortunately you're not the first time I've heard that happening at Ohana - they just try and stuff more and more people in. I'm sorry it soured the end of your day

Your morning sounded fabulous, and I wholly support cocktails before noon. Its 4pm in London, 5pm in Paris... and you're on hols!

If you like frozen cocktails next time you are in pandora get the boozy night blossom from Pongu Pongu - that thing is delicious.

Speaking of Pandora, I still haven't been back on the River Journey. Once, when jetlagged and half asleep. I just can't tear myself away from FoP...
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
there is nothing more annoying than being rushed at dinner - and unfortunately you're not the first time I've heard that happening at Ohana - they just try and stuff more and more people in. I'm sorry it soured the end of your day

Your morning sounded fabulous, and I wholly support cocktails before noon. Its 4pm in London, 5pm in Paris... and you're on hols!

If you like frozen cocktails next time you are in pandora get the boozy night blossom from Pongu Pongu - that thing is delicious.

Speaking of Pandora, I still haven't been back on the River Journey. Once, when jetlagged and half asleep. I just can't tear myself away from FoP...
It seems silly now to moan about Ohana, the food was lovely, but it we wanted a laid back meal and it's not what we got.

Cocktails in the morning are allowed on holiday for sure! I will absolutely have to try out that boozy night blossom, thanks for letting me know.

Definitely don't tear yourself away from FOP it's worth I it!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

This was a very well planned day, and apart from the Lion King going tech on you (how dare it?!) it seemed to work out really well. You have some great PhotoPass pictures too, I like the snowy Everest one.

I agree with Kate, Dinosaur is scary! I was also a bit concerned I was going to fall out the side of the vehicle when we rode, so extra terror there!

I will have to try the Ghost cocktail as this is the second time I have read that it is good. Might skip the Dreamwalker though as it sounds underwhelming - shame as I love a blue drink!

I am so sorry your 'Ohana meal was rushed. Sounds similar to ours, and we decided not to go again too. As you said, the food is all good but you are forced to eat it at speed and can't really enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing your holiday! I am getting so many ideas for our next trip

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
This was a very well planned day, and apart from the Lion King going tech on you (how dare it?!) it seemed to work out really well. You have some great PhotoPass pictures too, I like the snowy Everest one.

I agree with Kate, Dinosaur is scary! I was also a bit concerned I was going to fall out the side of the vehicle when we rode, so extra terror there!

I will have to try the Ghost cocktail as this is the second time I have read that it is good. Might skip the Dreamwalker though as it sounds underwhelming - shame as I love a blue drink!

I am so sorry your 'Ohana meal was rushed. Sounds similar to ours, and we decided not to go again too. As you said, the food is all good but you are forced to eat it at speed and can't really enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing your holiday! I am getting so many ideas for our next trip
I love that photo, it really looks like you're worried you will fall out!

The Himalayan Ghost was lovely, I'm fairly easily pleased when it comes to cocktails but I think this was a cut above the rest. It's on my list for a repeat appearance this summer.

Everything seemed to go according to plan, apart from the LK show, but still that can't be helped I'm glad I hadn't left it until our last AK day as I'd have been upset to not see it.

I should have learned from the previous experience at 'Ohana which was underwhelming too, but I got caught up in everyone else loving it.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A lot of walking around AK today. We loved FOP too. On our next trip I'm actually debating rope dropping it and getting a FP so we can ride it twice in the same day. It's nice to hear that the food at Satuli Canteen was good as it's top of my middle daughter's wishlist for QS.

You managed to get lots more lovely photopass pictures again today. We never seem to make the most of it so I'm think I'm going to add it to my plans for next year about 4 times each day to make sure we get more!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Although I haven't been for a long long time I absolutely love Animal Kingdom too and looked like you had a really great day there!

Shame about the too eager service - as you say really you want a happy medium compared with your two experiences there.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A lot of walking around AK today. We loved FOP too. On our next trip I'm actually debating rope dropping it and getting a FP so we can ride it twice in the same day. It's nice to hear that the food at Satuli Canteen was good as it's top of my middle daughter's wishlist for QS.

You managed to get lots more lovely photopass pictures again today. We never seem to make the most of it so I'm think I'm going to add it to my plans for next year about 4 times each day to make sure we get more!
From what i've seen in vlogs the queue from FOP is quite good so if you can rope drop it and not have a long wait then this is a really good idea.

The food at Satuli was tasty it's somewhere I want to return to this year, I'd definitely recommend it.

Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
Although I haven't been for a long long time I absolutely love Animal Kingdom too and looked like you had a really great day there!

Shame about the too eager service - as you say really you want a happy medium compared with your two experiences there.
We really did enjoy AK this trip. There's so much that's great there with fab rides like FOP and Everest, great shows and some really good food.

Old 5 Feb 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Looks like another fantastic day! Glad you made your peace with Everest! The food at Ohana looks yummy but such a shame you were so rushed. We are planning to try and get an ADR for there one evening of our upcoming trip but not on dining plan and for how much it costs won't be happy if we end up rushed as hoping it would be quite a special meal - planning on watching the water parade and fireworks from the beach and Trader Sams too so fingers crossed! x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Looks like another fantastic day! Glad you made your peace with Everest! The food at Ohana looks yummy but such a shame you were so rushed. We are planning to try and get an ADR for there one evening of our upcoming trip but not on dining plan and for how much it costs won't be happy if we end up rushed as hoping it would be quite a special meal - planning on watching the water parade and fireworks from the beach and Trader Sams too so fingers crossed! x
We did Everest a few more times this trip and I got on really well with it actually, no problems.

Old 15 Feb 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Firstly Abby, I would just like to clarify, that it’s never to early for cocktails on holiday

FoP is breathtaking, isn’t it? Good decision riding Na’vi first thing

Kate is braver than me on Dinosaur I just keep my eyes closed all the way round

I do hope you got to see The Lion King Show another day

Shame about Ohana’s, I know they have to turn the tables round quickly but wowza, that was quick! I don’t think I would have been best pleased either