Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Dec 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

EMH on first morning or character breakfast

Hi I am trying to work out which ADRs to book for next Summer. We arrive on a Sunday evening so not planning on going to a park that night but expect to be up quite early. We are staying at POFQ and wondering whether to do early Morning hours at AK (First day is a Monday so although hours haven't been released is it correct to expect Monday EMH to be at AK?) or whether to do a character dining somewhere else? Or would it be possible to do a breakfast at Tusker house and also get EMH or would there not be enough time? Not sure if that would be too much stress for our first morning or would we likely waken really early anyway? We don't have a car so relying on disney transport or Uber. Can anyone remind me of the characters at each restaurant. I'm sure i've seen a good picture with restaurants and pictures of each character on one page but can't find it. My 9 year old son is getting past the character stage but wants to see Donald Duck and my 7 year old daughter wants to see the princesses.

Thanks.
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Anyone?
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hey, not sure if it's of use to you but our experience this year was to spend our first morning in Epcot with a character breakfast at Garden Grill.

We were quite happily awake, characters were Chip n Dale, Mickey and Goofy. Food was excellent, you felt like you were in your own wee bubble and interaction/time spent was really good.

I don't know anything about EMH as we did not stay on site however we were able to enter the park early (which will be the same for all) and take a few photos of it being near enough empty. Oh and a selfie with a massive group of people waiting on rope drop.

K
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
Hey, not sure if it's of use to you but our experience this year was to spend our first morning in Epcot with a character breakfast at Garden Grill.

We were quite happily awake, characters were Chip n Dale, Mickey and Goofy. Food was excellent, you felt like you were in your own wee bubble and interaction/time spent was really good.

I don't know anything about EMH as we did not stay on site however we were able to enter the park early (which will be the same for all) and take a few photos of it being near enough empty. Oh and a selfie with a massive group of people waiting on rope drop.

K
Great we’ll maybe do that. Thank you
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

One thing we did that worked quite well was to go to EMH and then have a late breakfast booked. So you could go to Animal Kingdom and then book Tuskar house for about 10.00-10.30. We had some snacks in the room to keep us going, did a few rides and things in the park and then we were about ready for a break in the air conditioning when it came time for our ADR.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would never waste prime ride time on a breakfast. Do EMH and book breakfast for 10.30 instead once you’ve got the big hitters under your belt. Donald is at Tusker House and also at Cape May Cafe at Beach Club. The princesses are at Cinderella’s Royal Table, Akershus and the one from Tangled is at the Boardwalk.
Old 2 Dec 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I can never sleep at all the first night so I do neither. I stayed at POFQ in September and my first full day I had a leisurely breakfast in the POFQ food court followed by several hours at Typhoon Lagoon (no slides, just lazy river and chilling). I then went to the Polynesian for the early showing of the luau, then back to POFQ where I had a dip in the pool then went to bed about 9.00.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d decide what park i wanted to do first and go from there however AK is often our first park so I’d take advantage of morning EMH and if you’re up really early just have breakfast at the food court.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great thanks for all your ideas and information
Old 3 Dec 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would get up early for EMH and book Tusker house for a 10am breakfast! We did this on our first trip (but MK/Crystal Palace) and it worked perfectly. I took cereal bars with us do we had one of those to tide us over before breakfast, none of us can eat a big breakfast before 8 anyway!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List