Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 11 Dec 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Veggies/Vegans - whats for Christmas Dinner?

I am a veggie and not sure what to have. I initially said I'd have something from the freezer and my parents rolled their eyes, telling me to at least have something I don't eat every week.

Last year I made a vegetable crumble and it was okay, but not amazing.

What are other veggies and vegans having for their Christmas dinner?
Old 11 Dec 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Can't remember where I saw it now (possibly Asda?) But there was a Mushroom Wellington that looked good!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Its M&S!
Not veggie but like a lot of veggie stuff and might try it!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

For our vegitarian I usually make Delia Smiths Cheese and parsnip roulade with sage and onion stuffing
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m veggie, last year I had a mushroom parcel from Aldi which was lovely.

This year I’m just going to have loads of veg and I really want to try and get some of the Quorn Cranberry balls.
Old 11 Dec 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
I’m veggie, last year I had a mushroom parcel from Aldi which was lovely.

This year I’m just going to have loads of veg and I really want to try and get some of the Quorn Cranberry balls.
They have them in Morrison's...I got some.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
They have them in Morrison's...I got some.
Thank you 👍
Old 12 Dec 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I'm a rubbish vegetarian because I hate mushrooms - I think they should be banned! I am forever asking for food without them - stir fries, curries, etc.

I'm wondering whether to have macaroni cheese bake - normal macaroni cheese with garlic and mustard powder in the sauce, then baked in the oven with a toasted breadcrumb topping (I usually use an Italian herby/tomatoey bread)... its my favourite thing but I hardly ever have it cos its not healthy, but its not very festive is it?
Old 12 Dec 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

I always want to have the roast potatoes ( obviously not done in goose fat!) veg, cranberry sauce so I often make veggie sausage stuffing and push it into a small mould and turn it out onto plate and add veggie gravy. The last couple of years my MIL has been veggie too. I made for her last year a Brie and cranberry filo parcel to which she added the pots and veg but I still had my veggie stuffing. I have been known to serve the veggie stuffing to the turkey eaters and they didn't spot the difference so I didn't tell them

Edited at 06:24 PM. Reason: Typo
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I'm a rubbish vegetarian because I hate mushrooms - I think they should be banned! I am forever asking for food without them - stir fries, curries, etc.

I'm wondering whether to have macaroni cheese bake - normal macaroni cheese with garlic and mustard powder in the sauce, then baked in the oven with a toasted breadcrumb topping (I usually use an Italian herby/tomatoey bread)... its my favourite thing but I hardly ever have it cos its not healthy, but its not very festive is it?
Put a couple of cranberries and a sprout on top... voila... festive...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List