Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Dec 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Tell me about Santa/Father Christmas

We don’t have children but/so I’m fascinated about Father Christmas!

How do you get around films that suggest he isn’t true? Do the references go over children’s heads?

What time does he come to your house? How does he know they aren’t going to wake up when he delivers everything? Where does he even manage to hide gifts before the big day?

Is Santa that you go to visit at shopping centres etc the real one? (I know in a lot of films they suggest that ‘mall’ Santa’s are different.)

Does he still bring gifts for older children who are aware of the secrets if there are younger children in the household?

The mind boggles!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Santa's we visit are not the real Santa but Santas helpers who report back to Santa.

Gifts are mixed here, I never say which is Santa and which is ourselves that way I can never be caught out. My kids range from 3 to 13, none of which have ever said he is not real, I know the older 2 will know he is not but they say nothing I guess for respect for the magic of the younger 2.

Our gifts are in the loft and already wrapped in their sacks, the come down on xmas even into our en-suite and the downstairs once everyone is asleep.

The know films are just that so never questioned that either, the only time anything santa related has been mentioned is that fact that reindeer cannot fly lol
Old 20 Dec 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Our youngest is 18 now so sadly Santa doesn’t come anymore. But we used to leave out mince pies, carrots and a can of Daddy’s lager (the sleigh is magic and drives itself so Santa wasn’t drinking and driving) Santa could be quite naughty though and often ‘stole’ a couple of Roses chocolates and left the wrappers with the crumbs of the mince pie 😀 Father Christmas comes when all children are asleep of course 😀

Presents were hidden in wardrobes and cupboards and wrapped when children were in school. The ‘elves’ used to leave a few under the tree one night a week or so before the big day when they came to check if the children had been good.

Santas in shops were really Santas helpers as the real one was busy packing presents. Films are just films, they aren’t real so never were a problem.

Older children tend to enjoy carrying on the magic for their younger siblings so that was never a problem once they were old enough to know. And every child knows that if you don’t believe then you run the risk of him not coming to you, so only silly people say he isn’t real 😂

One of my favourite memories of Christmas is one Xmas Eve we all watched Miracle on 34th Street and then took the children to bed (we only had our eldest two at this point, they were around 6 and 3) and it started to snow. Our youngest looked up at me with his eyes full of excitement and said ‘Mummy, now I really know there is a real Father Christmas ‘ 😢😢 Wonderful

Edited at 12:17 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My girls are now 16 so no longer believe.

Father Christmas brought the stockings and one main present plus a few extra ones. Other presents were from us or family and friends. They never questioned that much, knew that the ones in the shops were his helpers as we met the real one in Lapland when they were 5. We tracked Santa on the Norad tracker and they knew they had to be asleep by the time he was over Europe.
Films were just films, the children who didn't believe were mistaken as was the brat in school who announced that she knew Santa was your parents. Their response to that was that of course her parents had said that as she was so horrible that she would always be on the naughty list!
A few presents that we had said there was no way we were getting helped as well. As Katie said to me one year, "Well I know that Santa is real as there is no way you would buy me a Ben 10 pogo stick!"
Old 20 Dec 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

My kids never questioned anything about Santa from films/programmes etc when they were younger. The present part was easy as in our house as Santa only brings what is in the stocking and everything else is from whoever bought the gift so we just made sure it was wrapped in different paper to what was under the tree and didn't take much hiding. We also always tracked Santa on NORAD so they could see when he was getting closer and knew they had to go to bed as he wouldn't come if you weren't asleep and shopping centres weren't a problem for us as none of my kids would go to visit Santa! they were very happy with the idea of Santa but had no interest in getting up close
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Youre telling me he’s not real ! 😱😱😱😱
And it’s Father Christmas in this house
Our motto not matter what age , if you don’t believe you don’t receive
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a 2 year old and an 11 year.. the 11yo knows the truth this year and is looking forward to helping keep the magic for her little Sister.

We have always just had Santa bringing one main present and all the rest are from us.

We also say that the santas you meet in shopping centres/fetes etc.. aren't the real santa but they work for him - a bit like elves.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Youre telling me he’s not real ! 😱😱😱😱
And it’s Father Christmas in this house
Our motto not matter what age , if you don’t believe you don’t receive
He’s Father Christmas to me usually too, I blame going to Orlando for my use of Santa this year

He is real!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
He’s Father Christmas to me usually too, I blame going to Orlando for my use of Santa this year

He is real!
I think I will always be giddier than the kids I’d also love to go to Lapland but I’ve always found Christmas to be magical . The best thing we’ve seen so far was the Osborne lights , they blew me away as I’d never seen anything like it .
I’ve just rang my mum to ask when the lions are on the way round wth the sleigh
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Although father christmas lives in Lapland - he goes to Florida every week, on a Thursday i think, to see all the children at Give Kids the World Village, as often they miss christmases due to treatments and illnesses.