Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile Uk wedding planning

Hello,

Hopefully it’s ok to set up a social group, as the wedding forum is very Florida heavy and not very used.

Anyone getting married this year or next?

We get married in 72 days, 23/3/19.

Venue is booked, dress bought, bridesmaid dresses bought, so it’s hair and make up trials next..

Exciting times..
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yep! I’m a week after you on 30/3.

We have been engaged since October 2017 and it’s felt like a long time but now it’s super close I can’t quite believe it!

We are choosing our menu at the venue this weekend, I have my first appointment with the seamstress on Saturday to make alterations to my dress, and hair and make up trials at the start of February.

Don’t think we have anything huge left to sort out thankfully, hopefully all just fun from here!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

That’s so exciting, yes we really are close now.

We chose our menu as we wanted to offer a choice, so chose it without tasting it for the invites. But we do have a complimentary menu tasting in a couple of weeks anyway included.

My dress shop suggested leaving the alterations until 6 weeks before and doing it once, which I have done as the dress doesn’t need much doing to it really as it’s a lace up back, biggest thing is the length as i’m only 5ft2.

Where are you getting married and how many people have you invited? Xx
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Not me personally but my DD is getting married next year. So hopefully I can join in! She is booking her venue this week.
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Not me personally but my DD is getting married next year. So hopefully I can join in! She is booking her venue this week.
Of course you can join in. What venue is she thinking of going for?
Old 10 Jan 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Of course you can join in. What venue is she thinking of going for?
She's going to Great Fosters in Egham, which is about 45 minutes from where we live.

It's really nice there - she's wanted to get married there since she was about 16! Not cheap but not outrageously expensive either.
Old 10 Jan 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
She's going to Great Fosters in Egham, which is about 45 minutes from where we live.

It's really nice there - she's wanted to get married there since she was about 16! Not cheap but not outrageously expensive either.
Wow just googled it, it looks very swish, what day of the week will she do, and how many people?

We’ve gone for a little local hotel. I like it as for a smaller hotel it’s got great spaces. It has a lovely bar area that feels ‘country pub’ rather than hotel bar, it then has a great big function room where we’ll get married in, but the sit down meal will be in the hotel restaurant, then back to the big room for the evening, just means they can clear up behind us, not in front of us, and it doesn’t matter anyway as the bar area is so nice..

Also they only ever accept one wedding a day which was important to me.

I’m very excited now..
Old 10 Jan 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That’s so exciting, yes we really are close now.

We chose our menu as we wanted to offer a choice, so chose it without tasting it for the invites. But we do have a complimentary menu tasting in a couple of weeks anyway included.

My dress shop suggested leaving the alterations until 6 weeks before and doing it once, which I have done as the dress doesn’t need much doing to it really as it’s a lace up back, biggest thing is the length as i’m only 5ft2.

Where are you getting married and how many people have you invited? Xx
I’m getting sleeves added to my dress and it needs the length adjusted so probably need a couple of fittings. Excited and nervous about putting the dress on again and hope my Christmas weight doesn’t wreck it! Lol.

I’m getting married at Doxford Hall in Northumberland, we have 70 guests for daytime and about another 30 for the evening...

Where are you getting married?

I have my hen weekend coming up in 3 weeks so it’s really all feeling very real now!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Wow just googled it, it looks very swish, what day of the week will she do, and how many people?

We’ve gone for a little local hotel. I like it as for a smaller hotel it’s got great spaces. It has a lovely bar area that feels ‘country pub’ rather than hotel bar, it then has a great big function room where we’ll get married in, but the sit down meal will be in the hotel restaurant, then back to the big room for the evening, just means they can clear up behind us, not in front of us, and it doesn’t matter anyway as the bar area is so nice..

Also they only ever accept one wedding a day which was important to me.

I’m very excited now..
She's doing a Tuesday in October (so the date is 20/10/20 which is a nice date) which makes it a LOT cheaper than doing a weekend in summer!

60 people is the minimum for the sit-down, and I expect that's what she'll have, give or take.

Yours sounds lovely!
Old 10 Jan 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiela View Post
I’m getting sleeves added to my dress and it needs the length adjusted so probably need a couple of fittings. Excited and nervous about putting the dress on again and hope my Christmas weight doesn’t wreck it! Lol.

I’m getting married at Doxford Hall in Northumberland, we have 70 guests for daytime and about another 30 for the evening...

Where are you getting married?

I have my hen weekend coming up in 3 weeks so it’s really all feeling very real now!
Exciting, such a beautiful part of the world, I used to live in Hexham but had a family static caravan in Warkworth. Lovely.

What are you doing for your hen do? I have decided against one, my friends and siblings are mostly male, and as such it seemed a bit odd. Also all of my friends and family are having to travel to the wedding and stay over as we’re all spread out so it seems a bit harsh to drag them out for another weekend, especially as nearly all have children now.

We having ours at the Lymm hotel xx