Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 15 Jan 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Defo recommend the baby jogger city mini / gt as the canopies are huge! Plus you can roll the back cover up when the seats are laying down and there is a lovely amount of air flow for them.

Thankyou I've found a second hand one a city mini? Is that the best one? Going to view the weekend.

This will be my 3rd double! As you don't know until your using them how heavy/ awkward they are do you?!
Old 15 Jan 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lissa_x View Post
Thankyou I've found a second hand one a city mini? Is that the best one? Going to view the weekend.

This will be my 3rd double! As you don't know until your using them how heavy/ awkward they are do you?!
There is the city mini then the city mini gt. They are similar but you can tell the difference by the wheels.
Correct me if I’m wrong but the gt has a higher weight limit, and slightly different handle. The brake on the gt is on the handle on the mini it’s a foot brake.
This has a good explanation

kidsafetyfirst/baby-jogg...mini-gt-double

Edited at 04:16 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d have a gt over the standard city mini because the tyres are forever air and a dream to push. I had the city versa gt and was in love with it. However the gt second hand doubles are a lot more than the city mini double and so far mine has been amazing!

Don’t be put off by one that is dirty or grubby as you can remove all the fabrics inc hood and chuck in the wash, they come up like new with some decent stain remover and powder x
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Another vote for baby jogger city mini, we don’t have the GT version but that one looks better. Mine were 3 1/2 and 16 months when we went. Have an amazing time!
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone, we are hopefully picking up a second hand city mini this week for 130 which is cheaper than hiring for our trip so I'm pleased. Just hope I actually like this one! As youngest is starting to get too nosey to want to be in the sling long periods of time and eldest point blank refuses to walk anywhere lol.
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone, we are hopefully picking up a second hand city mini this week for 130 which is cheaper than hiring for our trip so I'm pleased. Just hope I actually like this one! As youngest is starting to get too nosey to want to be in the sling long periods of time and eldest point blank refuses to walk anywhere lol.
Fab, even if you don’t like it then you shouldn’t lose money selling it on.

There’s a cot the clips onto it for your little one, we got ours second hand for £15. It’s narrow but long and our little girl seems to like it
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much for all your help we picked it up yesterday and took the kids for a long walk in it this morning. We love it! And our youngest slept in it, which never happens!

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Lissa_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks so much for all your help we picked it up yesterday and took the kids for a long walk in it this morning. We love it! And our youngest slept in it, which never happens!
Yay! Glad you all like it. There’s a double belly bar that they sell so you can hook toys etc into it. I’ve just ordered one for ours.
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ooo will definitely order one of those. I can't believe how easy it is to push! Thanks for all your help. Do you know if there's a travel bag the double fits into?
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooo will definitely order one of those. I can't believe how easy it is to push! Thanks for all your help. Do you know if there's a travel bag the double fits into?
There is but it’s so expensive! I think it’s around £70 for the official one.