Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Jan 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
If you are on point at booking 7 months you should be ok. We only book standard view but had brilliant rooms.
I don't think we'll know by then if we can go, all post July holiday plans are hanging on DS's post GCSE plans which are VERY open at the moment!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post

VGF. We would never pay cash prices there but love it and don’t have any plans to try another resort any time soon. We have 9 nights later in the year which I think would be around £4,000 cash before tickets. There’s no way that I could justify that, especially not on a regular basis.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love this thread. We are probably buying into DVC next week (got our DVC offer held for 2 weeks until we are home). Threads like this make me more inclined to buy in.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
I love this thread. We are probably buying into DVC next week (got our DVC offer held for 2 weeks until we are home). Threads like this make me more inclined to buy in.
I’m so pleased . I’ll have owned for 17 years next month & can honestly say I’ve never regretted it despite several changes in circumstances & my family growing up.

There’s a lot of negativity & speculation around at the moment, it can be a challenge to not let it influence you but it’s so important to do what’s right for your own situation

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We've only had 1 DVC stay so far at our home resort which is the Poly. We got so lucky and booked a standard room but had views of the lake and castle. I dread to think how much that stay would have cost us but I know we wouldn't have paid it!

2-3 more stays and DVC would have paid for itself (bar the annual dues of course!)
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I’m so pleased . I’ll have owned for 17 years next month & can honestly say I’ve never regretted it despite several changes in circumstances & my family growing up.

There’s a lot of negativity & speculation around at the moment, it can be a challenge to not let it influence you but it’s so important to do what’s right for your own situation
I’ve done a ton of research and have been looking at the info for years whilst renting points by the bucket load.

We have already worked out our use for 2018/19/20/21 points (2018 points are part of the buying package) so it definitely seems to be the right thing to do for our family.

I do read all the negative posts too, it just nice to see a positive thread showing some great uses of points.

Oh, and I’m jealous of your BCV contract - it’s our favourite resort and I am currently here for our second stay of this year, and it’s still January!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
I’ve done a ton of research and have been looking at the info for years whilst renting points by the bucket load.

We have already worked out our use for 2018/19/20/21 points (2018 points are part of the buying package) so it definitely seems to be the right thing to do for our family.

I do read all the negative posts too, it just nice to see a positive thread showing some great uses of points.

Oh, and I’m jealous of your BCV contract - it’s our favourite resort and I am currently here for our second stay of this year, and it’s still January!
Owning there was more luck really on when we bought in, that was the resort they were selling at the time and we really liked the sound of it and location (we bought sight unseen so felt we were taking a big gamble! fortunately it paid off).

Bizarrely we haven't stayed there for years, our last stay was either 2008 or 2010 (I get the visits confused as they all merge into each other!) as there are so many other lovely resorts to try, really must stay there again some time, I think our 2020 stay will be there for Star Wars

Old 21 Jan 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
wedgeh
Trying for More Ears

Lots, but a few highlights:
Renting our points to pay for a Disney Transatlantic cruise followed by staying at BLT and AKV club level 1 beds with DW and MIL.
Another club stay with my parents.
BLT, BCV and Kidani 1 bed stays with our friends.

Being able to take friends/family is so wonderful, we're going with a friend of DW this year and my parents, sister, BIL and niece & nephew in 4 year's time.
wedgeh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

For me it was getting a perfect (if side on) castle view from my standard view Poly studio, felt like I'd won the lottery.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wedgeh View Post
Lots, but a few highlights:
Renting our points to pay for a Disney Transatlantic cruise followed by staying at BLT and AKV club level 1 beds with DW and MIL.
Another club stay with my parents.
BLT, BCV and Kidani 1 bed stays with our friends.

Being able to take friends/family is so wonderful, we're going with a friend of DW this year and my parents, sister, BIL and niece & nephew in 4 year's time.
Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
For me it was getting a perfect (if side on) castle view from my standard view Poly studio, felt like I'd won the lottery.

Lovely use of points, that's what it's all about