Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Kitchen renovation and more

Hi Dibbers,

Finally I can start our kitchen renovation thread with some pics

We had our previous kitchen installed in 2002 but we always wanted open plan so finally decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

First up the old kitchen

The builders Polish guy we’ve known for 10 years or more, came last Monday to start.

First dismantle the old cupboards on the wall to be demolished.

Hope the panoramic works.

Then knock down a wall, I was at work so missed the dust

The rest of the week has been prepping the living room ceiling and painting doors in hall which is also getting a refresh while waiting for the plaster to dry

As of tonight it’s still wet which is holding everything up.

Good news is that my old kitchen is selling for 670 which will save me from dumping it.

Some more photos

So next up is the installer coming tomorrow for a final measure we are hoping for installation on 18th but the buyers want the kitchen on 1st which we don’t mind as we are getting floor retiled and kitchen painted before new installation but how to survive 18 days without kitchen?

Also getting a semi solid quickstep oak floor for the living room can’t wait to see it installed.

Edited at 11:13 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Look forward to following along... Maybe you should do an 18 days without kitchen food thread
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Look forward to following along... Maybe you should do an 18 days without kitchen food thread
The title would be No wonder mums gone to Burger King

Old 28 Jan 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I foresee a lot of takeaways in your near future!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP love a kitchen renovation thread! Yours looks to be moving along. I/we share your pain as we’re currently into week 3 of no kitchen. In the beginning it sounded great that we’d be eating out lots...that soon pales though. The microwave and toaster are our friends atm 😂. How are you planning on coping?
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I’ll post some updates tomorrow everyone a lot has happened I’m wrecked with moving furniture... the person buying our old kitchen informed me the night before at 23.45 that she couldn’t make it on Friday meaning we still have our kitchen and the builders weren’t happy Friday morning. They started on the hall and we can’t move for tape and dust... However Friday lunchtime I got the floors and they’ve laid some and the person buying the kitchen is coming on Monday Guaranteed (so she says )
Anyway some pics tomorrow..

Oh by the way the installer can’t make it until 15th March. So the 18 days has become 40

Edited at 10:29 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did a couple of months with no proper kitchen when we moved into this house. Can I suggest lots of salads and other pre made meals?!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
We did a couple of months with no proper kitchen when we moved into this house. Can I suggest lots of salads and other pre made meals?!
We have a thermomix and instant pot.

We won’t be eating out every night however eating isn’t the problem it’s more washing up

Old 2 Feb 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post

We won’t be eating out every night however eating isn’t the problem it’s more washing up
Plastic and paper plates and cups and cutlery I think
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post

You'll be fine with a Thermomix - my colleague has one and it sounds AMAZING!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List