Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Jan 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

The Haunting Sequel - Day 5 - Moving to Port Orleans Riverside and Magic Kingdom

Day 5 – Monday

Today was the first day we were woken up by our alarm, and silently cursing it! Our room service coffee from last night was still hot and we were glad of it.

This morning’s breakfast would only be table service, and you were allocated the restaurant that you had for dinner the night before, so we went back to Animators Palette. Once you leave your room for breakfast, that’s it. You take your carry on with you, as you leave the boat from breakfast.

I had an omelette with hash browns and Dave had the Route 66 option. We definitely preferred the buffet breakfasts from Enchanted Garden. Our server made a point to remind us, several times, to fill in our guest survey and be sure to give him ‘excellent’.

After breakfast we hung about in the lobby for a while and got some photos, before we left the ship. We collected our cases in the baggage area and Kris and Kevin gave us a hand out to the car with them. They had to leave the boat but were going straight back on to do a back to back cruise, so didn’t need to take their cases off.
Off we go towards Disneyworld! Woo!

The drive to Port Orleans Riverside took about an hour and was pretty straightforward. We showed our ID at the gate and went in to check in. We had a little wait in the queue and a CM brought our magic bands out to us in the queue to reduce the waiting time. We were offered a gift card if we declined mousekeeping, $90, so we took them up on it.

We went through to the quick service restaurant and picked up our refillable mugs. Dave got the blue one, I got the Halloween one. We were pleased to see the handles were back!

We were able to get into our room, so took the card round. We had requested a mansion house room, and were given one. Our room was 8740, in Magnolia Terrace. We had a king room.

When we found it, we didn’t think it was very clean, and it was a bit dark, the shower head was broken and there was hair in the shower, so we called maintenance and housekeeping to come round. The room was near a staircase but nowhere near a lift , but that only affected us when we had the cases with us.

As we finally had wifi, we called my dad, and then Dave’s dad who was staying at our house. The dogs could hear us on the phone and got upset by our voices, so I got upset too.

Our first mission was to get supplies for the room, so we googled the nearest supermarket, which was a Publix. This was fine as I really wanted some of their muffins. On our way, the car said it was 103 degrees.

We spent $130 and I don’t feel like we really bought that much, we got juice, coffee creamer, bread, laundry things etc.
When we got back to the room, my legs were really bad with heat rash, so I soaked them in ice water, and lay on the bed with them elevated for a while.

Woke up at 5pm. Oops.
We must have needed it.

We decided to head to Magic Kingdom anyway, although I had to cancel our first 2 fast passes, but we made it for the important one, 7DMT.

This time I found it pretty tight on my legs, to the point of uncomfortable, and I decided not to ride it again this year. We had another FP later in the trip, but I changed it for something else.
The MDE app was down so we went to the kiosks to book another fp for tonight, and booked Jungle Cruise. We looked around the shops for a while.

First go on Pirates this year, and as usual, always think it ends too soon, we’re used to the DLP version which seems to last longer.

When we got to Jungle Cruise, the fireworks were on, and there was no queue at all. Oh well.

This was about all we had time for, and wow was it busy leaving, it was rammed trying to get our, then there was about an hour wait for the friendship boat, and the monorail would have been even worse. A CM shouted that there were buses running to the parking lot, so we went that way. It was so much quicker, but we agreed that was the last time we would use the car, we would be as well to just get the bus to the resort now.
I liked taking the car as my legs were so sore with the heat rash that I could put my legs up across the back seat.

We went into PORS and had dinner at the food court. We both had burgers, and they were massive, and we were defeated! I picked up a mug at the gift shop to use in the room, as they only give you paper cups now which felt a bit wasteful to us.

We got back to the room for me to soak my legs again. I called housekeeping to bring extra pillows to put them up overnight. I was really suffering with the Disney rash this year.

Our video from today is here:
Old 31 Jan 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Rash aside that sounds like a lovely day
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another nice day sounds like you are really suffering with your legs😒 hope they soon feel better

Joan
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree with the servers on the dream, they don’t half push about the forms. Not really how it should be I wonder if the company know they do that ?
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

I don't suppose they would like it, I think one of the questions asked if they had mentioned it to us.
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

They were so pushy after 11 days of being really nice.
I down marked purely for that reason!

Great report thanks for posting.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List