Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi how many in your party, have you considered airbnb. We have used these on 2 trips now and find them great. With some the added bit of info on places to eat and some extra gems of info.
Hi, there’s only me and my husband. I was a little unsure of Airbnb as I know that short term lets aren’t allowed in some places. For that reason I haven’t really looked at it but it might be that I’m missing something! Where did you use them?
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I used two Airbnb's California.

1 in Annaheim was great, but when we met the owner, he told us we had to use a cover story that we were his friends. (It was in a development where such renting is banned).
2 Was in San Diego and was quite frankly, sub standard.

Whilst I will certainly not be put off trying them again, I would certainly be just a little wary.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi with all airbnb as with hotels or guest houses use only those with good reviews. All our ventures have been positive.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

A quaint little B&B between your stops of Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara is a place called the Victorian Mansion at Los Alamos it has 6 themed rooms, we had the 50's suite and got to sleep in a yellow cadillac for the night. They also have a gypsy, roman, Egyptian, French and pirate suites, not as big and pink as the Madonna Inn but a fun place with great hosts.

We used Los Alamos as a base to explore Solvang which we just love, a little piece of Denmark in California.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
We stayed in the Fogcatcher Inn in Cambria. Lovely hotel across the road from the beach.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Pismo beach is fantastic, we stayed at cottage inn by the sea I believe it was called, with an ocean view it was fabulous, breakfast included and cookies in the afternoon., the walk down to the beach was easy, and loads of sand dollars laying around

Fantastic , so good we tagged extra days on at the end of the holiday and stayed there twice.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for the suggestions so far... plenty to research!

Still a couple more needed...

Has anyone stayed at Half Moon Bay?

What about Santa Barbara and LA? We’d like to do a tour in LA so not worried if we aren’t slap bang in the middle of LA. Maybe Burbank would be better for us?

Thanks again
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post

What about Santa Barbara and LA? We’d like to do a tour in LA so not worried if we aren’t slap bang in the middle of LA. Maybe Burbank would be better for us?

Thanks again
We did a good one from just behind the pier at Santa Monica. It came with free parking on the beach adjacent to that pier. It left us well positioned for LAX later that day.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post

Thanks again
Highly recommend 'Your LA tours'. A great use of your time LA and is personalised to you. Emily was great.
Old 7 Feb 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
We stayed in the Fogcatcher Inn in Cambria. Lovely hotel across the road from the beach.
We've booked The Fogcatcher for our trip.
Did you eat locally too?
We were wondering about the grill a couple of doors down.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List