Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Feb 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Soarin behind the scenes tour

I’m really hopeful that I can secure a booking for this while we are in Disney in September. I’m aware it’s really difficult to secure, does anyone have any tips? Is it 180 days from the Wednesday I want to book or 180 days from my first day? What time do I phone at for the best chance? Thank you 😊
Old 4 Feb 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I booked whilst in Florida so at 9.00am. I wanted the exact date 180 days hence but they told me it was full!
How I don't know and then they offered me 2 more dates even further ahead.
So my recommendation is ring 187 days before and see what they say.

Quite interesting actually. You meet by the Pin kiosk and they take you around from there. You have ear pieces to wear so they can speak to you.

I was hoping we could climb in the mechanism but when I asked I think the lady thought I was weird.

The 'tour' fitted in the front row middle section so it was nice to get some history and ride in the empty theatre.

Edit. Write down the Ref No they give you as it doesnt link on MDE. Mind you they have your details at the entrance where breakfast guests enter.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I booked whilst in Florida so at 9.00am. I wanted the exact date 180 days hence but they told me it was full!
How I don't know and then they offered me 2 more dates even further ahead.
So my recommendation is ring 187 days before and see what they say.

Quite interesting actually. You meet by the Pin kiosk and they take you around from there. You have ear pieces to wear so they can speak to you.

I was hoping we could climb in the mechanism but when I asked I think the lady thought I was weird.

The 'tour' fitted in the front row middle section so it was nice to get some history and ride in the empty theatre.

Edit. Write down the Ref No they give you as it doesnt link on MDE. Mind you they have your details at the entrance where breakfast guests enter.
Great, thanks very much. It’s one of my favourite rides, I’m always intrigued by the mechanics of the ride, I will try and see how I get on.
Old 5 Feb 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bath1960
Excited about Disney

When we did this two people turned up without a booking as they thought they just turned up on the day- not sure how they got through turnstiles though unless they just sounded convincing - and ended up getting on the tour as there were 4 no shows. I booked at 180 days out but could only get the following week than what I originally wanted. It is definitely worth ringing up early as they seem to be able to book earlier than what they state.
Bath1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

I was told, today, that it’s 180 days from the first day of your booking.
Old 9 Feb 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I called at 180 days and like Tom, there wasn't availability but I was offered another date which worked for us. I'd ring a week early and see what they say

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

We're hoping to do the one in California. Opens 60 days in advance there...
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List