Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Feb 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We just walk, enjoy the sights and each other's company, stopping for food and drinks, particularly the latter, as and when we fancy.

We tend to start from Westminster Bridge on the South Bank, and head East, eventually crossing over at tower Bridge and working back towards St Paul's.
Sounds like what we will do, with plenty of the drinking!
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
The booking for sky garden only opens up a few weeks in advance, its free via skygarden.london/booking and there is space for next week.
Instead of walking how about hiring a bike and riding the sights instead. Register in advance and its only a couple of pound a day.
For the theatre maybe consider the lottery system moneysavingexpert/te...to-see-aladdi/
Nothing for this weekend 😑
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

If it is still on I can thoroughly recommend "Witness for the Prosecution" which in in the council chamber of the old County Hall. Stunning venue and really interesting production - nothing like that travesty that was on the TV a couple of years ago.

Even my DH who had no real interest loved it.

Also look at Time Out offers they normally have some good stuff on.
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

A drink or two in the American Bar at the Savoy .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
A drink or two in the American Bar at the Savoy .
Sorry hadn’t read all the thread
Not cheap but memorable !
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A London bus ride, trip down the Thames, I’d have my dh with his Credit card up Oxford St. Borough and Spitafields market good for a walk round. Loads of shows to choose from, Jersey Boys is our favourite. Groupon and Wowcher have lots of deals, I also like the London Eye and Carnaby st, Covent Garden for Street entertainers. My son and has girlfriend had a Chinese meal in The Shard, they said it was expensive but really good. I want to go to the sky garden in the summer, one thing we haven’t done yet! Enjoy
Old 10 Feb 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Definitely the Sky Garden - it’s free and there’s a bar with great views. You can only book it a short while in advance but if you’re on it you’ll get your slot!

Camden market is a fab way to spend a few hours too. Lots of amazing street food and stalls, plus a few cafes and bars too.

I know this is not free (about £16 each I think) but if you want a cheaper alternative to the London Eye and you don’t mind walking up lots of steps, St Paul’s Cathedral is amazing.

If you go upto the whispering gallery you get great views down inside the cathedral, but from there you can go higher and there is an observation area on the dome, which you walk round with great views of the city.

And from there you can go even higher to the top of the dome to the golden circle (I think it’s called) and that is even more amazing. Definitely worth doing in my opinion.

Also the River Bus is a fun way to travel. The boats are nice with a cafe on board and depending on your route you can be on for a good half hour and it’s a good way to see the city from a different perspective.

Covent Garden is full of lovely places to eat and drink plus there’s always good entertainers on.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks had a fab time. Went to the Shard, Borough market, looked at Southwark cathedral, visited the Tate and the Old Operating Theatre plus Soho and a few bars 🙂
Old 10 Feb 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Nothing for this weekend 😑
You can just turn up for the Sky Garden & if there's space they will let you in
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List