Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Feb 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Barcud13
Proud to wear my Ears

A little bit further out but my children have always enjoyed Big Pit it was a working coal mine you get to go underground. Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans in Cardiff is also very good it’s an outdoor museum with building taken from all over Wales it also has a high ropes course, enjoy
Barcud13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I moved away from Cardiff last year and this thread is making me miss it! St Fagens is a great day out - it is a museum of Welsh life and you walk through lots of old houses, schools, shops, etc, as well as having lots of pretty out door areas. Tree Top Golf as mentioned before is also great - it is a really fun indoor mini golf course with lots to look at. The Bay is also really nice for a walk around (and has some nice play areas) and the walk across the barrage to Penarth is also really nice. Lots of nice restaurants too - if you like meat the Brazilian restaurant in town (Viva Brazil) is amazing - all you can eat meat brought to your table (and much cheaper before 5pm!).

Have a great time, I love Cardiff and miss it a lot
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all the ideas everyone, I think I should have planned a longer trip! 😃
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mr Tom world be the one to asked

But I world say the red dragon world be worth a visit there bowling and a cinema and more . If you fancy a short train ride then Barry and Barry island worth a look
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Just a quick update message to say thank you for all the suggestions. We had a fab time!

Here's a very mini trip report:

Day 1 we took the water taxi from Mermaid Quay to the city centre. We spent a few hours in the castle. The kids enjoyed going to the very top of the keep (or is it the motte and baily?). We then did a bit of shopping in the city centre before getting the water taxi back to Mermaid Quay.

Day 2 we went to Techniquest. We all really enjoyed this. It's really interactive so the kids didn't realise they were learning 'boring' science! We went to a couple of the shows. These were good but pitched to younger kids really. Very funny and entertaining though.
In the evening we were worn out so we went to see the Lego Movie and had ice cream sundaes from Cadwaladers, Yum!

Day 3 we went to the Royal Mint. This was fascinating, especially seeing all the coins being tipped into the different machines and glimpsing the warehouse with 10's of millions of pounds sat there in cardboard boxes. The kids really liked trying to pick up a gold bar worth £400K. We also got to strike our own 50p coin.

GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List