Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Feb 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippa74
New Poster (3)

Mobile

We stayed at Intercontinental Barclay 10th-15th Dec 2019 for our first ever trip to New York and would also highly recommend. The staff were so helpful, I emailed the hotel a week before our arrival and asked for a quiet room with nice view etc and received an immediate response acknowledging my request and that they had blocked out a quiet room for us. We stayed in room 1422 and it was just perfect. We will definitely go back to New York and would without doubt stay at this hotel again. The gin parlour and restaurant were very expensive so we had our meals out every day. Enjoy your trip😊
Pippa74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Haha unfortunately I’m there in April but will bear in mind for future trips... wonder if they have a pool?
If they do, we should definitely have a Dibb meet!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pippa74 View Post
We stayed at Intercontinental Barclay 10th-15th Dec 2019 for our first ever trip to New York and would also highly recommend. The staff were so helpful, I emailed the hotel a week before our arrival and asked for a quiet room with nice view etc and received an immediate response acknowledging my request and that they had blocked out a quiet room for us. We stayed in room 1422 and it was just perfect. We will definitely go back to New York and would without doubt stay at this hotel again. The gin parlour and restaurant were very expensive so we had our meals out every day. Enjoy your trip😊
We had 14th floor too!

Gin parlour definitely pricey but such a nice relaxing bar. We made sure to use the $25 daily credit from the destination fee in there evey day, even if just for coffee!

Will be my first choice when we next go back (whenever that may be).
Old 12 Feb 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pippa74
New Poster (3)

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
We had 14th floor too!

Gin parlour definitely pricey but such a nice relaxing bar. We made sure to use the $25 daily credit from the destination fee in there evey day, even if just for coffee!

Will be my first choice when we next go back (whenever that may be).
We booked in Jan 2018 before the hotel introduced the destination fee, so we got away with not having to pay it. It did look a lovely bar to relax in though... especially after all the walking.
Pippa74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
hollypop
Very Serious Dibber

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in January and loved it. The rooms are big for NYC and we really liked the marketplace in the lobby to pick up snacks and coffee when we were out late/early. There's a big Duane Reade right across the street as well. There a subway station right outside and it's a good location for walking other places.
hollypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaju&bob
Imagineer

We have just come back from a 5 night stay at The Lotte, we did get it ‘on offer’, we loved it, within walking distance of a lot of attractions, staff and hotel so nice. Would definitely stay there again with the offer
PO Riverside 2002 2007 2009 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 (2017) 2018 2019 2020
Animal Kingdom 2006
Floridaju&bob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post

I know it's not on your list, but as others have said the Intercontinental Barclay is a lovely hotel with interesting history. We also got an excellent price from BA, quite a deep discount and have seen it on there a couple of times. Might be worth checking.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List