Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Feb 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
Surely it is on the paperwork though, otherwise the whole online check in thing is pointless then ?
Not at all, it saves you lots of time by not having to go to the sales desk. I always add my daughter when I do the on line check in, she arrives a week after me, when I collect her from the airport we go to the desk and they just check her license and print out an amended contract. Takes a few minutes.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BuzzStarkiller View Post
So Alamo online check in gives you an option to add the 2nd driver.
If I add his details while I'm checking in now will I have to show them the physical licence at the gate? Will it be a problem If he's not there?
Hi
It is possible that both drivers details will be on the contract. I always split my monthly rental, two weeks at a time, and when I change the car mid month my DW is never with me but her name and details are on the contract. This may only work when there’s no one else in the car though.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

It is possible to have both Drivers on the paperwork, but the point of handing over the DLs is to check they match what you put in at OLCI.
You could just have made it up ( not that you would, but you could)

Would you let your 50k valued car be driven by somebody who has just written a number on the OLCI, without actually seeing proof? I certainly wouldn’t
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Bit confused now. I understand that the question asked is when the other driver isn't present but what happens if you have booked for 2 drivers (as we have) and they are both present (as we will be)? Do you need to go to any desk if you do OLCI (as we intend to do) or are you good to go with both drivers? Who checks the licences and adds them both to the paperwork?

Sorry, I know this is a dumb question but the whole "Licence" check thing has now confused me.
Old 13 Feb 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Bit confused now. I understand that the question asked is when the other driver isn't present but what happens if you have booked for 2 drivers (as we have) and they are both present (as we will be)? Do you need to go to any desk if you do OLCI (as we intend to do) or are you good to go with both drivers? Who checks the licences and adds them both to the paperwork?

Sorry, I know this is a dumb question but the whole "Licence" check thing has now confused me.
No problem, everything is done at the exit barrier be it 1 2 or 4 drivers. They are well used to this.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No need to go to the desk
Just go straight to the garage pick your car drive to the exit barrier hand over both lincences and a CC in the name of the lead driver
Get the paperwork back check it's correct and that the total payable is
Right i.e. Pre purchase fuel return empty or return full and you are good to go
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cebse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've done online check in but it did not say anything about going straight to the ge garage it did state go to desk why is this does anyone know ?
I contacted Alamo as we have the second driver coming two days after us they said exactly as above just go to local Alamo and they will add second driver no problem.
Old 17 Feb 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cebse View Post
I've done online check in but it did not say anything about going straight to the ge garage it did state go to desk why is this does anyone know ?
I contacted Alamo as we have the second driver coming two days after us they said exactly as above just go to local Alamo and they will add second driver no problem.
Did you complete the whole OLCI process and end up with a sheet of paper with a long thin bar code at the top? Are you flying into MCO, MIA, TPA or FLL?

If so the bar code is all you need. Not sure why you need to go to the desk. Who did you book the car with? Alamo direct or a broker?

Mick
Old 17 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Did you get a bar code on the checkin email if you did you can go straight to the garage
All the paper work usually says go to desk but you only need the bar code for the kiosk at the barrier
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cebse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I got an email confirmation but there is no bar code on the email. It was just an email no attachment.
We fly into MCO