Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

personally anything over a night or two, pay for a hold bag

all round less hassle and no joining the locker scrum on board
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

superdrug/Solait/Sol...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

You could just get some 100ml bottle of sun cream rather than faffing filling some bottles They do different ones at different places this is just an example

superdrug/Toiletries...vel-size-minis
These may be useful aswell.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
personally anything over a night or two, pay for a hold bag

all round less hassle and no joining the locker scrum on board
Agreed. I’d rather dump the case a check in. That’s what I call travelling light
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Agreed. I’d rather dump the case a check in. That’s what I call travelling light
i have a small decathlon backpack for passports and that

mrs has a small clutch/handbag

no idea why people brings massive bags/cases into the cabin & lug them about the airport, especially long haul...

check your bags people
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Boots do an order and collect service that I've used before. I've ordered the products I like (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, suntan lotion etc) and collected it from the airside branch. Need to order a good week or so before travel as it takes a bit longer to get to the store due to airport security.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

The last hotel we stayed at had a drop/swap room. People would leave left over toiletries and books for others to use.
Maybe you could email your hotel and ask if they have something similar. Then you can buy at duty free and not feel you are wasting anything.
Personally I have no problem going for a week with hand luggage. I don’t decant, just get the travel size bottles which are normally 342 at Superdrug so it isn’t expensive.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd share what you can with your cousin, no point each of you taking a shower gel for example when you can just share it. Take only the essentials. If I'm going anywhere hand luggage only, I tend to go minimal on make up etc.

Other comments are correct - you can only have one 20cmx20cm bag per passenger and it must be able to easily seal and stay sealed. So while the 1l of liquids is correct, it's not possible when you add in packaging!

If you take anything that the lid can come off without leaking product everywhere (hairspray, body spray, dry shampoo) then remove the lid before you put the item in the liquid bag!

You could also try to find out what toiletries, if any, the hotel puts in the rooms. I know we all like our own products, but if the choice was shower gel or a couple of items of make up, and the hotel offered soap or shower gel, I'd use the hotels!

Last thing - probably an obvious one not to do but I've seen it before when working as a security officer - don't tamper with original packaging! I had a passenger come through once who thought he'd been really clever by cutting half of the container away (as he'd used half the product) and taping the end up. He was adamant that as it was now under 100ml, it could go through. I then had to inform him that it was considered tampered with and he would be discussing it with the security manager as he could have put anything inside the tube. Luckily he hadn't (we tested it) but it was thrown away.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Don't forget no aerosols either. My oh had his deodorant taken off him when he decided to put it in his hand luggage to save space.
i always have an aerosol travel deodorant, and sometimes an aerosol travel hairspray, in my hand luggage. As long as you put it in with your liquids in the clear sealable plastic bag its fine, I have never had it taken from me.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
i always have an aerosol travel deodorant, and sometimes an aerosol travel hairspray, in my hand luggage. As long as you put it in with your liquids in the clear sealable plastic bag its fine, I have never had it taken from me.
You just need to make sure any aerosols are 100ml as well and then they are fine

Edited at 08:16 PM.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
You just need to make sure ang aerosols are 100ml as well and then they are fine
Sorry yes should have said it was a "normal" size aerosol.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List