Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: Is there life after death?
I believe there is life after death 171 36.93%
I don't believe there is life after death 180 38.88%
I am undecided either way 112 24.19%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Feb 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trinacham View Post
I'm another undecided. But with your question of why only some people have experiences.. I think many believe that some people are more 'open' than others - apparently children and animals are especially 'open' which is why they often seem to be able to see things that adults don't.

We were walking past a really old and abandoned abattoir once and one of our Dalmatians acted strange (ears pricked, giving it a wide berth, kept turning to look at it). I didn't know what the place used to be until my parents told me. Could be that she just smelt what it used to be... but then if a dog smelt old blood would they act anxious? Meat is what they eat. Our other Dalmatian, her daughter, acted none the wiser. That's the only situation I've witnessed of anyone/anything possibly sensing something. But I will always remember that. It was very strange. She wasn't a nervy dog either.. it was completely out of the blue behaviour.
Sorry I know this is off topic but your story reminds me of our (long dead) Dalmatian. We were out for a walk and passed a field with a cow standing near the fence. We took no notice until our cool, tough as old boots dog threw himself onto the ground and howled (like a scream). He was absolutely terrified of the large black and white “monster” in front of him. We always wondered did he think it was a giant Dalmatian.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jack Daniel's View Post
, if you believe in aliens then there's as much evidence about god & Jesus Christ..
There is plenty of evidence that Jesus lived - more so than virtually any figure in history.

Whether you believe He was the son of God is another matter entirely (I do because I’m a Christian)- but to say there is little evidence for Jesus living on this earth is a very bold statement to make. Many have tried to prove he didn’t exist and end up believing in Him purely because there is so much more evidence to say he did than with others that we accept without question.

But in terms of believing he was who he said he was, facts will only take you so far, but it’s true to say that faith takes you the rest.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Sorry I know this is off topic but your story reminds me of our (long dead) Dalmatian. We were out for a walk and passed a field with a cow standing near the fence. We took no notice until our cool, tough as old boots dog threw himself onto the ground and howled (like a scream). He was absolutely terrified of the large black and white “monster” in front of him. We always wondered did he think it was a giant Dalmatian.
That's so funny!

My Dalmatians are long gone too. The daughter passed away last, 9 years ago. They were my childhood dogs, I miss them terribly and still think back to them a lot. Great family dogs.
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

As the monkees sang...I’m a believer, I’ll sing it loud and proud.
I don’t preach to others what I believe.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I often joke that I better come back in my next life as a bloke after years of suffering with “lady problems”, I’m not sure what my actual beliefs are though.

I don’t know if I specifically believe in an afterlife as such, but I do often think there must be more to life than whatever this is we are all doing. Otherwise what’s the actual point? Is this a trial run of sorts (kind of like The Good Place in reverse?)
Old 25 Feb 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

I voted undecided. Nothing have happened personally to me for me to believe otherwise.

My auntie jacci passed away in 1997 suddenly of a heart attack. At the time a couple of our family were on a mini break in Blackpool, and my aunt was house sitting for my mum. One night my mum rung home to my aunt jacci to check everything was ok and when she got off the phone she said the strangest thing, she said she had just spoken to my aunt Shirley (aunt Shirley passed away the previous year)
We all thought she was crazy and told her to stop being so silly, but she was adamant my aunt jacci sounded exactly like my aunt Shirley.

Sure enough we got a call from home early the following morning to say my aunt jacci passed away in the night, she suffered a massive heart attack. She was just 38.

Was it aunt Shirley my mum spoke to that night? I'd like to think so. Maybe she came to meet my aunt jacci.. Who knows. We sure as hell don't think mum is crazy now.
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

From being a toddler, I told my parents that I'd lived before. I was on a hill, in a lay-by with a man. I had a full skirted dress on and a beehive-ish hair do. I had a head scarf as we were in a small red convertible car. We had the roof off and set off down the hill. As we neared the bottom, the brakes failed and I remember the feeling of drowning.
I was probably 3 years old when I told my parents and have always stuck to the same story.
Who knows...
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sally42 View Post
From being a toddler, I told my parents that I'd lived before. I was on a hill, in a lay-by with a man. I had a full skirted dress on and a beehive-ish hair do. I had a head scarf as we were in a small red convertible car. We had the roof off and set off down the hill. As we neared the bottom, the brakes failed and I remember the feeling of drowning.
I was probably 3 years old when I told my parents and have always stuck to the same story.
Who knows...
You have taken this up a notch. Reincarnation - now that's a whole nother thread.

How fascinating that you had such strong memories.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
floridaphil
Very Serious Dibber

I think it's part of being human that we want to think we'll live on in some form or another, we're too important, we mean so much, this just can't be all there is to it, what's it all for? No, we die and we're gone except from the memories of loved ones left behind. That's what I believe but I could be wrong.
floridaphil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
You have taken this up a notch. Reincarnation - now that's a whole nother thread.

How fascinating that you had such strong memories.
I know!
Around the same time, I also told my mum that I thought Mrs F and Mr S were having an affair! (These were 2 people from the church we went to)
I was 4, but I knew. Shortly after, they left their spouses and moved away. They were the talk of the village and it was a huge shock to everyone, apart from me and my mum.
Maybe I also have second sight!
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List