Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Virgin Holidays Quote Advice

Hi All. Now wife has FINALLY given me the go ahead for a 2020 trip to WDW, it's time to start looking at quotes. The first one we got was from VH yesterday, for the following:

-Direct flights LGW -MCO Feb 7th-21st 2020 (2A 1C 1 infant but with her own seat) - Economy Classic
-2-bed apartment at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort
-14-day Disney tickets
-V-room lounge
-Car hire removed (seems to work out better, once you include insurance, to do this separately

We were originally quoted £5250ish for this, but after a bit of toing and froing this morning they called back with their best price of £4650. I'm going to keep looking today before I commit to anything but is this a good price?

DLP - '12 (offsite hotel), '18 (Newport Bay Club)
orlandochris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sazza22
Getting Excited

Mobile

That's not too bad (imo). Have you thought about waiting until (hopefully) the free Disney dining is available and then staying onsite?
sazza22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Originally Posted by sazza22 View Post
That's not too bad (imo). Have you thought about waiting until (hopefully) the free Disney dining is available and then staying onsite?
Thanks.

Thought about it, yes. However, we spent 4 nights in DLP with the 2 kids in a hotel room on site and it really limited what we could do in the evenings, so need somewhere with separate bedrooms/living area, plus most importantly a kitchen.

orlandochris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Orange Lake is a lovely property and close to everything. Also gives you the advantage of laundry in your apartment which is so much easier than a hotel room.

Price wise I thought this was a good price. Not that it might matter but V-room has 2 prices, one with and one without alcohol (I think it was around £8 more with) so not sure which was included but so minimal it makes no difference.

With car hire removed make sure they have also removed transfers as sometimes they change it to include transfers instead but these are like £15.80 or something silly and if you are hiring a car separately you don't need these.
Old 18 Feb 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandochris
slightly serious Dibber

orlandochris's Reviews
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Orange Lake is a lovely property and close to everything. Also gives you the advantage of laundry in your apartment which is so much easier than a hotel room.

Price wise I thought this was a good price. Not that it might matter but V-room has 2 prices, one with and one without alcohol (I think it was around £8 more with) so not sure which was included but so minimal it makes no difference.

With car hire removed make sure they have also removed transfers as sometimes they change it to include transfers instead but these are like £15.80 or something silly and if you are hiring a car separately you don't need these.
I was only a few months out of my teens when I last stayed at Orange Lake so I suspect it has changed a lot, however I know how much I enjoyed my time there.

Thanks for the heads up on the other two points - it's actually the Standard Plus option included in the quot for the V-room, so alcohol included! No transfers included either

Old 18 Feb 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'd wait until BA flights are out, only a couple of weeks now.

They have had some cracking Flight/Car deals, picking up accommodation is easy, tickets are available from ATD or Disney direct.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List