Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Great news, good luck Let us know how you get on
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DDD View Post
I think this what happens to people. It scrolls down to yes.
It does but you're given three chances to check your answers before submission.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Right. Quiet room, no phone, no social media, no tv, no distractions, etc etc ( no Dibb !) while doing it. Double and triple check it, and before you know it, ESTA approved

I’d say best of luck, but you don’t need it, all will be OK

Haven't posted on this specific thread yet and having done 5 or 6 ESTAs each since they were introduced in Jan 2009 I can only echo exactly what PPM says - I've said the same on here myself a dozen or more times.

But as they say hindsight is a wonderful gift.

Doing the ESTA is not a race that has to be completed in 10 minutes. There are no trick questions but you just have to think about them. Always look at the ? symbol beside each question and only answer what they want. If a question is optional such as your social media details don't answer - but obviously don't tell lies.

Do them on the largest screen available. We do them side by side on a desk top with a 16" monitor. Check and triple check your answers - especially the last page before committing. That gives you chance to go back and alter any "drop down" errors.

Good luck and take your time

Mick
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Glad the op managed to sort it but what baffles me is why leave it a few weeks before going?

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Glad the op managed to sort it but what baffles me is why leave it a few weeks before going?
Paul

OP only joined the DIBB this month - first post.

Presumably hasn't seen any of the regular "6 months ahead and before you spend any money" threads.

Mick
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Haven't posted on this specific thread yet and having done 5 or 6 ESTAs each since they were introduced in Jan 2009 I can only echo exactly what PPM says - I've said the same on here myself a dozen or more times.

But as they say hindsight is a wonderful gift.

Doing the ESTA is not a race that has to be completed in 10 minutes. There are no trick questions but you just have to think about them. Always look at the ? symbol beside each question and only answer what they want. If a question is optional such as your social media details don't answer - but obviously don't tell lies.

Do them on the largest screen available. We do them side by side on a desk top with a 16" monitor. Check and triple check your answers - especially the last page before committing. That gives you chance to go back and alter any "drop down" errors.

Good luck and take your time

Mick
Couldn’t agree more with both Mick and PPM. Only thing I would add is that if you have an iPad apply using that instead of a PC as it removes the possibility of the cursor changing your ‘NO’ to a ‘YES’ by accident. Then when you review your answers for the final time before submitting read over them very carefully to make sure nonthing has ‘changed itself ‘.

I went to help my Mum and her friend apply for theirs at the weekend and I actually took the iPad off my Mum and did it for her as she’s not known for having patience when it comes to technology! I just wanted to make sure she didn’t rush through it without triple checking everything.

Edited at 11:19 AM.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Paul

OP only joined the DIBB this month - first post.

Presumably hasn't seen any of the regular "6 months ahead and before you spend any money" threads.

Mick
I guess you're right Mick, being seasoned travelers to the US we take it for granted.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
See Post No 14. The OP had originally applied before Christmas, but couldn't find them so applied again, which is when the mistake occurred.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

The OP posted she had already done them before Xmas but was redoing them as couldn’t find them in the system to reprint them.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Everything’s easy when you know how. Glad OP got it sorted.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List