Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

A few questions

Hi all,

How is everyone

Its been a while since I was last on here - booked to go with my 3 year old in 2016 however I became pregnant and cancelled due to the Zika.

Fast forward a couple of years and my mind is now thinking about rebooking that missed trip.

Youngest is 2 tomorrow so thinking either 2020 when she is 3 or 2021 when she is 4 (eldest is 3 years older) I highly doubt it will be a one off so I am not worried about her remembering as I am sure we will go again when they are older. I want them to be young enough that its magical.

Would you go 2020 or 2021?

Also now the eldest is at school I am tied to school holidays (or am I) and really dont fancy August with the heat or how busy Easter is. HOw do people manage with kids of school age? I'd love to do October time for Halloween and could maybe take her out of school for a week (she is only 5 at the moment).

What are peoples thoughts?
Ld1978 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would go 2020, children aren’t stupid and they soon realise that it’s someone in a costume, that the characters aren’t ‘real’. I don’t think the ‘magic’ lasts for long but the magic for us is the special family moments, seeing the children’s faces light up in their enjoyment.
We have been in October so used October half term meaning not needing as long off school. This year we are going August/September so kids miss first three days of school, made the holiday £3000 cheaper than earlier in August.
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Thats what I am thinking - I want the magic and we dont like rides so dont mind missing out on the big ones (in fact I am such a wuss I would be glad ha ha) Plus 2020 means not as long to wait ha ha

Wow thats a massive amount! How is the weather that time? Is it unbearably hot?
Ld1978 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Thats what I am thinking - I want the magic and we dont like rides so dont mind missing out on the big ones (in fact I am such a wuss I would be glad ha ha) Plus 2020 means not as long to wait ha ha

Wow thats a massive amount! How is the weather that time? Is it unbearably hot?
Yeah it is hot but we plan half days in the park so get out early till maybe lunch time/early afternoon then back to hotel for some pool time then can go back out in evening. We always have a fan for the buggy too. Lots of drink breaks and wander through shop for A/C.

We are lucky we can travel to Scottish airports and make most of cheaper flights with those kids going back to school earlier than ours.

Happy planning! 😃
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

We are in the same position... school holidays are totally your preference and everyone on here will have a different view so dont let anyone change your mind on that one. We are happy to take our little one out for 2 weeks of school. my parents did this to me every year and i seemed to have turned out ok. especially now a days... my daughter is 6 and she is supposed to read 5 times a week and gets homework on most days... i mean that is pretty full on for a six year old. she also has Aspergers so there is no way i would take her with the crowd levels in the holidays. i guarantee they would learn a lot more in a day walking around world showcase than they would in a week at school at that age. were happy to take the fine. i know some parents are not which i totally respect so its completely your choice.

We went in 2017 and did everything however there was very little at universal for a 4 year old and as our youngest will only be 2 we will be missing that out this year and save that for future trips. we went after easter in april last time 29-33 degrees every day and only rained once.

we are going to wait until 2021 as we want it to be a holiday where we can do or eat what every we want so dont have to stick to a tight budget. it means waiting a little longer but for us it will be well worth it. :]

happy planning
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We usually tag on to a half term either in May or October, so only taking them out for a week. We like October but it seems to be getting really expensive to go at that time now.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks all. I am going to take her out. Shes only 5 at the moment so not like she is missing Xmas and I really dont want to do August. I'd quite like to do May or Oct and do the tag on thing too. Eeek exciting!