Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 18 Feb 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Walmart or Walgreens

Hi,

On our first night ive planned that we have a McDonalds and then a bit of casual shopping for snacks etc.

Original plan was to just pop across the road to Walgreens opposite Rosen Pointe after having McDonalds from further up the road.

Never been to Walmart as i didnt think there was one close by but just googled and saw there is one on Turkey Lake Road with a McDonalds right next to it.

Which should i do, Walmart or Walgreens?
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

It depends what you want in the terms of snacks. Walgreen is more of a pharmacy so snacks will be limited.
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

As said, depends what you want & what variety of choice you want.

Think of them this way; Walgreens is on the scale of a large UK corner shop to grab the essentials vs Walmart which is on the scale of a Tesco Extra x 5 to get food, clothes, furniture, electricals, a canoe, a fishing rod, pool toys, a tent, a dog bed, a BBQ etc!

Edited at 11:03 PM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

walmart
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, just to clarify, I have been to the Walgreens mentioned so I know what that's like but having never been to a Walmart I wondered if it was recommended for a browse around American snacks. I'll be looking for things to bring home that we cant get over here.
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

My opinion is Walgreen on your first evening if you just want a few bits for the next day. If you plan to stock up for the whole holiday or a few days, Walmart has a vast range and will be much cheaper than Walgreen.

Personally I’d do Walgreen the first evening as I would be too tired for Walmart. I do Walmart the next day.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As said Walgreens has far less choice and Walmart is cheaper but for your first evening I would just get a small amount of snacks and stock up later in Walmart.

Penny
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Skip Walgreens and go to Walmart - Walgreens is primarily a drug store, Walmart is a supermarket , the one on turkey lake road would take bout 5/10 mins from the Rosen inn at pointe to get there by Uber it would be less than $10 each way
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

You are right about that Walgreens that used to be our go to Walgreens for snacks etc quickly as they have loads of stuff there .. including a very good alcohol range 😀
I would attack Walmart the next day for stuff to take home as that’s an adventure in Itself and as you say you will be tired .
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

We got here on Monday and are at the Enclave. We are only here for the week. We went to a small corner shop and picked up the bare minimum and then went to Walmart yesterday. I felt that if we went on our first night of arrival we would not have shopped productively. Plus we got ther nice and early yesterday and literally had the store to ourselves lol 😊
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List