Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rooonan
I want to go now!

Mobile Aug 19 flight panic

Ok so booked Disney hotel for last 2 weeks of August back in May last year. Have been holding out for flight prices to drop but they just seem to be constantly rising and am now starting to panic! Want to fly direct London to MCO ideally as with 2 small boys we didn’t want the hassle of connecting flights but now willing to consider an indirect for return flight. Also don’t want hassle of a car and car seats etc. Flight prices for 3 adults and 2 chn coming in over £5000 which to me seems outrageous! Hubby wants to just get it booked though. What are people’s thoughts, do we keep holding out or just book now? Help!
Rooonan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Macfam
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

I have been living the same panic too. Keep looking. I booked last week when I found good indirect flight times, with short stop-over in Charlotte. I was most worried about the return leg but as we do the short flight first, our girls will be awake for that and then sleep on the long flight. The bonus for us was that the flights are from Heathrow.
I’d given up on direct as they were so expensive.
They may go down in price, but I’ve stopped looking now!
Good luck.
Macfam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

What are your exact preferrered dates and where are you looking to fly from ?

I see £669 on Google flights indirect Saturday to Saturday with United.

Edited at 12:09 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rooonan
I want to go now!

Mobile

15/8-29/8 from any London.
Rooonan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
rudeboy
Trading Disney Pins

rudeboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Non stop flight with Norwegian for your dates. just now coming in at 625 probably just over £700 with luggage. So £3500 total. Wouldn't pay £5k bound to get it a lot cheaper.
rudeboy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

We are the same dates from Manchester Roonan , like you want to fly Direct but now looking at Indirects.Like you other half wants the security of having flights booked!
I have no answer to the dilemma and there are worse troubles to have but I am holding out till the end of the month just in case Virgin release another Manchester flight,doubtful atm but I live in hope!
We may end up with Norwegian from Oslo with an overnight stay on 14th yet (did it in 2016) but am a bit wary with the talk about them and finances.
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
bessiejess
Earning More Ears

Mobile

If you can do a day trip to Dublin before main holiday you can bring down flight cost.

So flight:
Dub -man 16th June (can be other date -May half term included)
Man -mco 9th aug direct virgin flight
Mco -man 23rd aug direct virgin flight
Man -dub - any date way in future (Oct 22 in the price I got - gives the option of a little trip to dub in Oct half term)
Cost £629, £2514 based on 2 adults and 2 kids including cases. Add on a cost of flight to Dublin on morning which is £23.
bessiejess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Try looking at Flights to Miami

Skyscanner for your dates

Norwegian Direct £408 per adult - 2AD 2CH £1631
British Airways Direct £503 per adult - 2AD 2CH £2012

You will have to drive up and back approx 3 to 4 hours.

These are great prices for this time of year but may not include bags

Thanks

Edited at 10:56 AM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you looked for any flights into Tampa? it is only about a 90 minute drive from there to WDW and less if you are in a villa in the davenport area. It gets lots of good reviews on here and people seem to get through immigration much quicker than at MCO.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

what are the dates you want. We got with virgin for 4 people indirect to Tampa (its only an hour in uber) for £1500
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List