Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Feb 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Lara Rebecca you tube anorexia recovery video

Has anyone else seen this video ?
THe BBC were reporting on it yesterday
bbc/news/uk-wales-...alflow_twitter

The video is here

Great to see 7m people have viewed it , and nearly all positive comments about it
Would be good to see her manage to keep the profile high
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was watching this yesterday and thinking of your family.

Emotive stuff. And very glad it is being raised in the public eye. Lara is from Cardiff. There has long been some discontent about the level of provision in Wales against the level of demand.
Hopefully this will continue to raise awareness and Inc pressure to be able to respond when people are in crisis and help people before they get to that point.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We saw it yesterday and was really moved by it. Excellently made film, hopefully it will raise awareness and help people who are suffering from this illness get the help they need.

Lara was very brave to share her story, and she certainly made me cry to see how she had struggled, so pleased to see how much better she is now though, very inspiring young lady
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Actually. I meant to say, that what Lara has done has raised public awareness and that is good.

Your thread about your daughter has has a similar effect and I am grateful to you to posting and updating it. I have shared with a colleague whose daughter is on the start of the journey and she found it very useful. Particularly the extracts from your dd's scrapbook and the reports of positive progress.
So thank you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Amazing what a great positive video and message she is sending out to individuals facing eating disorders.
A lovely share
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a amazing girl, so glad she came through it all and is now healthy x
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Actually. I meant to say, that what Lara has done has raised public awareness and that is good.

Your thread about your daughter has has a similar effect and I am grateful to you to posting and updating it. I have shared with a colleague whose daughter is on the start of the journey and she found it very useful. Particularly the extracts from your dd's scrapbook and the reports of positive progress.
So thank you.
Hey , thank you for taking the time to not only read the thread on my dd over the years , but feeling that it may be of help to others .
If I can be of any help to you , your colleague or anyone out there who has been or us affected by this awful illness then please feel free to ask for help on here or my private message
I really do hope your colleagues daughter responds to whatever help she is getting.
Young Lara has obviously touched a lot of people . The illness obviously affects people in different ways - the body image thing was obviously a massive driver to Lara given the number of photos she took of herself when she was overtaken by the illness
I can’t quite decide if I want my dd to watch it ( she may already have seen it independently ) as I still feel she will see exercising as a way of losing weight in a bad way ( like Lara did initially ) rather than as a positive way as part of an overall ‘ healthy package ‘
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List