Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 May 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by meggy View Post
Local post office told me this last week.

If you have anything you want to ensure delivered you need * special delivery*...not cheap but it goes along a different route and guaranteed delivery the next day. All other supposed better services like recorded delivery just go in the sack with all other post.
This. Signed for is not a tracked service. It will say it's still at the post office until point of delivery. The confirmation of delivery doesn't always update straight away so you may find a signature appears soon but it was actually delivered earlier.

If something is really important special delivery is the way to go as it's tracked right the way through. Think it's usually about £6-7.

Edited at 07:29 PM.
shelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I agree regards special delivery is what to use. I mentioned on here some time ago when I sent my wife’s renewal to the passport office and they insisted they hadn’t received it and that we would have to pay again. I then provided them with proof who signed for it at what time etc and amazingly they then found it.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Claire. Hope it gets resolved for you. Not good when a Passport gets lost.

Royal Mail seems to have gone down the pan sadly. The sooner Amazon take over deliveries the better.

For anybody who supports them check out the Horizon Court Cases.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bladelia
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Claire. Hope it gets resolved for you. Not good when a Passport gets lost.

Royal Mail seems to have gone down the pan sadly. The sooner Amazon take over deliveries the better.

For anybody who supports them check out the Horizon Court Cases.
You do know that The Post Office and Royal Mail are 2 separate companies, and as for Royal Mail going down the pan, they stand to make £700m profit this year. Also Amazon couldn't cope if they had to deliver all their own parcels, that's why RM deliver so many, at least half the parcels I deliver daily are Amazon
Bladelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bladelia View Post
You do know that The Post Office and Royal Mail are 2 separate companies, and as for Royal Mail going down the pan, they stand to make £700m profit this year. Also Amazon couldn't cope if they had to deliver all their own parcels, that's why RM deliver so many, at least half the parcels I deliver daily are Amazon
Maybe they should invest that profit in a tracking system that works and deliver stuff in a reasonable time frame then. I can track Hermes, Yodel, DHL and Prime etc. I can’t tell when the Mail from them though is en route, delivered or goodness knows where sadly until it’s on my doorstep then it does tell me.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List