Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
They are going to be residential apartments, they look stunning from the artistic impressions but certainly not a location I would choose (the development is called Clifftown Shore if you want to have a nosey).

Totally chuckled at the reference to Neverland... what a blast from the past!

We live in Leigh-on-Sea and absolutely love it. We spent the day down further down in Shoebury on Saturday as our friends have a beach hut down there and it was glorious, so much quieter than the tourist hotspot of Southend seafront! Uncle Tom's cabin is perfect for ice creams and there are excellent toilet facilities too
We had a beach hut in Thorpe Bay but the costs got ridiculous plus they banned dogs from that of beach in line with Southend beach.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We had a beach hut in Thorpe Bay but the costs got ridiculous plus they banned dogs from that of beach in line with Southend beach.
Yes the price of those beach huts never fails to amaze me!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Yes the price of those beach huts never fails to amaze me!
Sold at the wrong time unfortunately.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I’m in Westcliff. I’m not a fan of the seafront when it’s hot much prefer a wintery walk along there!

I saw on a Southend fb page some people had phoned the police about the jellyfish, it’s the sea what do they expect?! 🤦🏻

Originally Posted by Ilovedisney View Post
I was born in Southend, moved to Shoeburyness once bought my own house. We then moved to South Wales for work and are presently (for last 10 years or so) been in Suffolk.

My mum still lives in Southend, my in laws in Leigh on sea, sister in Great Wakering and brother in Thorpe bay.
I love coming to visit them and the memories but don't think I would move back to Southend. But like everywhere, there can be lovely places and then turn a corner and not so nice.
Do love a walk along the promenade early in morning tho.
I was born in Great Wakering. Not many people seem to have heard of it even people that live around Southend!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Brings back many memories of Friday nights in Tots, then doughnuts on the seafront!

My DS is there at the moment, reliving my youth from the sounds of it.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We are lucky to have 2 beach huts in Thorpe Bay and 1 Beach Hut in Southwold. Both places are beautiful, but we avoid all of them when the tourists come down, they leave such mess, such crap and have no respect for either towns... well most of them.

However when they go home in both areas, its absolutely beautiful sitting by the sea, with wine and friends and all of our dogs, swimming and enjoy the late evening, it is absolutely heaven.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I live in Rayleigh and don’t head to the seafront very often. When we do, it’s for a walk from Rossi’s to Sealife Centre and back and usually early evening and not when it’s warm. Avoiding it like the plague at the moment though.
We also like the walk from Chalkwell to Old Leigh bit again avoiding it at the moment.
I prefer Thorpe Bay end as it’s generally quieter.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Changing the subject a bit but I’ve just received an email from SAGA about taking a holiday in the UK. How did they get my contact details and how old do I feel.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
We are lucky to have 2 beach huts in Thorpe Bay and 1 Beach Hut in Southwold. Both places are beautiful, but we avoid all of them when the tourists come down, they leave such mess, such crap and have no respect for either towns... well most of them.

However when they go home in both areas, its absolutely beautiful sitting by the sea, with wine and friends and all of our dogs, swimming and enjoy the late evening, it is absolutely heaven.
We were at southwold one day last week, we had an Airbnb in Suffolk. Parking was a nightmare, roads closures, but we had an ice cream on the beach and wandered round the high street, the beach huts look lovely there though.
I’m a Canvey girl my mum is still there and the beach within walking distance of hers. So we stick to Canvey!
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post

I never minded it being crowded because I used to sit on the balcony like Lady Muck. 😂