Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

My thoughts on your questions with your numbering:

1. It doesn't look particularly good, but I think you are pricing it up too early to get a good price. Wait until flights are released for your dates and you might do better.

2. I have never travelled with a 2 year old but I have seen many at Disney and so my conclusion is that it is not crazy. I am wondering about 7 days at Universal with a 2 year old though as there is a lot that you won't be able to do, or maybe you are thinking of having lots of pool days whilst you are there? I think you are really crazy flying with a 2 year old on your lap.

3. No comment. But if financial safety is a concern then booking with Disney or Universal direct would make more sense, neither of those are going anywhere.

4. Disney prices rarely drop. There tends to be a dining offer and a free nights offer each year, it may be that the free nights offer would be better $-wise but hard to judge that no.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jafar
I have Ears

Have personally never paid more than 3500 for a similar holiday over 2 weeks so really struggling with the prices at the moment
Jafar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Not something you asked about but... I've travelled with my daughter on my knee at 12 months and my son when he was 14 months. I would strongly recommend buying a seat for your nearly two year old.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jafar
I have Ears

Does the dining credit and gift card balance out the price maybe?

Are other passengers understanding of noisy fidgeting children in anyone's experience?
Jafar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
Have personally never paid more than 3500 for a similar holiday over 2 weeks so really struggling with the prices at the moment
It's the 3 weeks that's blowing your budget out. You'd reduce the price by up to 1k (depending which hotel you cut) by only going for 2 weeks. Plus your spends out there.

Also doing both parks is always going to be expensive given the cost of tickets which have risen a lot over the years. Is Universal a must do? With a 2 year old, I'd personally focus just on Disney as there's very little they can do at Universal. That's another £550 gone.

Are other passengers understanding of noisy fidgeting children in anyone's experience?
I don't have or like children (sorry parents) but I fully expect there to be a lot of kids on the Orlando flights. It's just how it goes.

TBH, I don't think the offer itself justifies VH's prices. You should save a decent amount booking the components yourself, and still receive the offer. However the gift card part actually expires tomorrow, so you'll need to decide pretty soon. The dining credit only offer is valid for a few more months though.

If it were me, I'd book Disney directly with WDTC to secure the offer then hold out booking flights until they're released, or even for the next sale after that.

Edited at 11:24 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

I would echo the others about the price. It does look on the expensive side especially if you are going September. Flight prices tend to drop drastically after the school hols.

My youngest was less than 2yo when we first went. Lots of lovely memories of him running round after Tigger at Crystal Palace and taking all the kiddie rides. Disney is more baby friendly methinks.

I’m cheap so I do fly with my infants on my lap over the years - even in long 17 hours flights to South East Asia. It settled my little ones quite nicely and they appreciated the comfort of being close to mum. I did take turns with ny partner, especially during meal times. You can also request for a seat with a bassinet (ie right in front).

Flights to Orlando tend to be filled with kids and babies; other passengers can be quite understanding. Just a few tips on flying with babies - get something they can chew on to pop their ears, bring snacks, a comfy blankie or soft toy and a change of clothes for baby plus parent! Bringr lots of wipes.

Edited at 02:59 AM.
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

The Disney gift card offer ends today/tomorrow I think.

Regarding the other passengers no one will be able to say. You could be sat next to/near the most understanding people in the world but you could be sat next to some intolerable plonker! In general there will be lots of kids on the flight so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Iv booked Disney for May and will be taking my non verbal child who has severe autism and although he’s classed as non verbal he can still make a lot of high pitched shrieks,squeals and noise. I will try my best to keep
His volume down if he’s having a noisy day but a simple shhh doesn’t work with him. I can only try my best and that’s all you can do too.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

I took my 22 month old and although character interaction was better at Disney if had to chose would pick the universal parks but he was into Barney, curious George and Dr suess. Apart from now when he can go on all the big rides I would say that that age is my favourite visit with him.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jafar
I have Ears

Tui are quoting me 7000 for the same holiday. Any reason why they are so much more than virgin?
Old 11 Aug 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Tui are quoting me 7000 for the same holiday. Any reason why they are so much more than virgin?
Because they can?

Although it has been some time since your original quote now, so it's possible that your original rooms have since sold out and they're placing you in a higher tier of room. Did they provide a breakdown to check if you're receiving exactly the same items?
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List