Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
poppie123
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
It’s a holding charge which should drop off within a week. Seems to only be for people who registered a debit card on the onboard account. Credits cards have the same but you don’t see it as it’s never actually charged.

Joa
Thank you for that. It was indeed a debit card so explains it.
I presume it just stays pending (doesnt actually get charged as such) and then just drops off Just a bit of a pain as that money is on hold 🤦
poppie123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by poppie123 View Post
Thank you for that. It was indeed a debit card so explains it.
I presume it just stays pending (doesnt actually get charged as such) and then just drops off Just a bit of a pain as that money is on hold 🤦
This happened to us. Duplicate charge of everything we bought, over £2k stuck pending. Long story short, it took 30 days for the charge to drop. My bank intervened and voided them after 1 week though with written accounting letter from Disney.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nicbev View Post
Is there enough on board for adults without any children? Went to Tilbury to see the magic last Friday was so envious of people going on there, my mum has offered to come with me but she is not a huge Disney fan, she loves cruises but not sure if this will be for her. My husband and son have no interest plus can’t take son out of school. I need my Disney fix after not getting to Florida this year. Also cabin wise you are only there to sleep really so it doesn’t matter if you go for the cheapest?
Many thanks for any advice and hope everyone who has been has had a lovely time
It’s decent for adults because a large part of the ship is adult only. However, they didn’t have that many activities on, unless you like quizzes. We were fine as we sat by the pool two afternoons, went into the gym one morning, went in the bar, watched the Leeds game etc. But organised activities for adults were quite poor, but you have the cinema and on a two nighter, you will have enough to do.
I’ve just watched the Lodge Guys Vlog on a Celebrity ship and it is a different ball game for adults activities. They had fitness classes all day (Disney had none), archery, a talk on managing stress, a cookery course and lots of other things. Disney ship was poor for things like this to be honest with not even a fitness class, and as I say, most organised activities (apart from the amazing shows etc and fantastic restaurants) seemed to be quizzes and bingo (and alcohol drinking tasting sessions, many at say 10 am,12 etc for which we had no interest, with an up charge). This could be much better. The cruise was great though.

Edited at 06:01 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We don’t have children and we did the 7 night Med cruise on the Magic. So much to do, even apart from all the ports. We did Palo brunch and dinner, bingo, trivia, mixology. We could also have done the spa but that’s not our thing. There’s Keys bar which has live music. Also after hours activities every night in Fathoms. Match Your Mate is hilarious.

There were also talks, cookery demos, all sorts of stuff we never had time to do.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We don’t have children and we did the 7 night Med cruise on the Magic. So much to do, even apart from all the ports. We did Palo brunch and dinner, bingo, trivia, mixology. We could also have done the spa but that’s not our thing. There’s Keys bar which has live music. Also after hours activities every night in Fathoms. Match Your Mate is hilarious.

There were also talks, cookery demos, all sorts of stuff we never had time to do.
Were the cooking demos, activities including Fathoms and other bits all included? Sounds great
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There were no talks or cookery demos on the staycation cruises. It was a lot of quizzes. Animation classes and some game shows which we didn’t do.

Evening entertainment was good. But I agree with Yorkshire T. The daytime offering was poor.

We had fantastic weather so spent a lot of time by the pool and also enjoyed quizzes and the cinema. But I can’t honestly say the daytime activities were very varied.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
poppie123
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
This happened to us. Duplicate charge of everything we bought, over £2k stuck pending. Long story short, it took 30 days for the charge to drop. My bank intervened and voided them after 1 week though with written accounting letter from Disney.
Oh god, 2k. I'd be fuming and crying lol.
How did you get a letter from Disney?. Im happy to wait a couple of weeks but don't really want to still be waiting for it to drop off much longer than that.
What a pain, i only used my debit card because my credit card they couldn't pre authorise and i got a message to go to guest services 😒
poppie123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
https://dibb.in/15097390

I screen recorded the activity time tables. They are on this link.

My charges dropped after two weeks.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
poppie123
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
https://dibb.in/15097390

My charges dropped after two weeks.
Thank you 😊
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by poppie123 View Post
Oh god, 2k. I'd be fuming and crying lol.
How did you get a letter from Disney?. Im happy to wait a couple of weeks but don't really want to still be waiting for it to drop off much longer than that.
What a pain, i only used my debit card because my credit card they couldn't pre authorise and i got a message to go to guest services 😒
There were tears lol, especially as the money was needed for bills. I emailed them asking for a hold release letter as that's what the bank required. Would have used a credit card but didn't want to pay exchange fees.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List