Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 27
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Cast members aren't, but you can always ask other passengers. We did this and got some nice pictures.
Thank you for your response; I did suspect this would be the case with regards cast members and perfectly understandable.

I’m poised to book photopass for our back-to-back cruise, but was hoping one purchase (instead of two) would cover both cruises.

Did you purchase any photographs? If so do you remember the cost of individual photos?

Also are you allowed to remove your mask for any photopass photos?
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I read on the FB group that they did actually do Match Your Mate on at least one of the recent cruises. Maybe they found enough people who were willing!
Good to know.

We were on the 14th-17th September Tilbury and they DID do Match Your Mate on the last night. As always, it was hilarious!
Good to know.

Originally Posted by Our Grumpy1 View Post
Were you allowed one photo pass covering both cruises or did you have to purchase one for EACH cruise?

(I presume cast members aren’t permitted to take photos with other people’s camera due to current health risks)
Unfortunately its one per cruise and cast members can't take photos for you

Did you purchase any photographs? If so do you remember the cost of individual photos?

Yes you can remove your masks with the photopass photos

We didn't purchase any separately as actually didn't like the ones we had but then we didn't hunt out photo people.

If you do decide to go with it then just take all the photo ops on the first cruise where you have the pass and go from there. There are lots of opportunities
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We're back from the 2nd Tlibury cruise this weekend, which was amazing. As soon as I stripped off to my cossie, by the main pool on that first afternoon, with the sun beating down, I felt like I was really on holiday. The adults only pool bar made me feel like I was by the pool in CBR, and having breakfast on the deck at Cabanas reminded me of having the breakfast at Discovery Cove.

The parking and testing areas at Tilbury went smoothly. It's all right in front of the ship. We could see our car from the ship! It took just under 1.5 hours to board. The testing tent gets very warm so wear layers.
We watched Match Your Mate on Sunday night and it was very funny!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Thank you for your response; I did suspect this would be the case with regards cast members and perfectly understandable.

I’m poised to book photopass for our back-to-back cruise, but was hoping one purchase (instead of two) would cover both cruises.

You're allowed to remove your masks for all the photos with backgrounds including Rapunzels lantern photo.

An individual photo works out to be just over $25 once the VAT is added (we bought one).
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13

Don't book the unlimited package for your second cruise, speak to a member of the Shutters team and ask them if there are any deals you could have. Someone recently got it for half price on the 2nd bit of their B2B.
Joa
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Unfortunately its one per cruise and cast members can't take photos for you

Yes you can remove your masks with the photopass photos

We didn't purchase any separately as actually didn't like the ones we had but then we didn't hunt out photo people.

If you do decide to go with it then just take all the photo ops on the first cruise where you have the pass and go from there. There are lots of opportunities
Thank you for your response, all very helpful.
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
You're allowed to remove your masks for all the photos with backgrounds including Rapunzels lantern photo.

An individual photo works out to be just over $25 once the VAT is added (we bought one).

Thank you, I was hoping you could remove masks.

Can you also remove them for character photos (I’m aware you can’t stand close to them)?
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Our Grumpy1
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Don't book the unlimited package for your second cruise, speak to a member of the Shutters team and ask them if there are any deals you could have. Someone recently got it for half price on the 2nd bit of their B2B.
Joa
Thank you, this is extremely helpful; I would be happy with this.

Could I ask, did the person initially book unlimited photopass for their first cruise or one of the smaller packages ?

Do you know if they were permitted to remove masks for all the photos ?
Old 21 Sep 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Thank you, I was hoping you could remove masks.

Can you also remove them for character photos (I’m aware you can’t stand close to them)?
I don't believe so, but I'm not sure. We didn't really do character photos, but the couple that we did do we kept masks on.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Thank you, this is extremely helpful; I would be happy with this.

Could I ask, did the person initially book unlimited photopass for their first cruise or one of the smaller packages ?

Do you know if they were permitted to remove masks for all the photos ?
You are definitely allowed to take your mask off if an official photographer is taking the photos. Infact they reminded us regularly to take them off as we often forgot!

You aren't allowed to rake them off for selfies or if you are taking them of your party inside.

We had the package and got 120 photos on our USB stick, we had some lovely photos!