Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

* Harry Potter Party? *

My daughter has asked for a Harry Potter party for her birthday. It's not until next year but she literally goes on about it everyday 😂. She's 6.

Does anyone have any good ideas for party food/party bag favours/games?
Thought I'd gather some ideas up and make a plan now 😊

I was thinking of making it small with a few friends to spoil rather than a massive class party.

She has no idea we are going to Universal next year yet either so also wondering if we add it into her birthday as a surprise or wait until the day before like we did when our son was smaller.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ive been making spell books this week
Now might be a good time to look at the likes of hobby craft for / baker Ross for paintable pumpkins / craft kits for themed party bags
Chocolate frogs ( Freddo bars ) jelly beans , etc for party bags
Party delight had some Harry Potter party bags the other week when I ordered stuff as well as nice little boxes in the Halloween section
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Ferrero Rocher make great golden snitches - just take off the brown frilly base bit, poke a cocktail stick in each side and drape over some wings…I used kitchen towel cut into little wings but normal white paper would probably be sturdier.
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Bugle snacks, they look like wizard hats!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Ive been making spell books this week
Now might be a good time to look at the likes of hobby craft for / baker Ross for paintable pumpkins / craft kits for themed party bags
Chocolate frogs ( Freddo bars ) jelly beans , etc for party bags
Party delight had some Harry Potter party bags the other week when I ordered stuff as well as nice little boxes in the Halloween section

Ooh making spell books sounds interesting!

Thank you! 😊
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I made invitations for my son by printing on A4 white paper in Harry Potter font then 'aged' them using a teabag soaked in warm water and dabbed on to colour it. It makes the edges a bit soggy so you can gently tear to make it look ragged. I then dried them and rolled them up and tied with a red ribbon.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Ferrero Rocher make great golden snitches - just take off the brown frilly base bit, poke a cocktail stick in each side and drape over some wings…I used kitchen towel cut into little wings but normal white paper would probably be sturdier.
Ohh yes! I've totally done that, but not with paper, I made a Harry Potter box before with a golden snitch!

Thank you!
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Bugle snacks, they look like wizard hats!
Never heard of them, where do I get them from? 😁
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Never heard of them, where do I get them from? 😁
Asda and Tesco both do them.
tesco/groceries/en-G...ucts/292671887
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

My son went to one years ago where they made wands - involved glue, string, sticks and paint. They all dressed up - I ended up knitting a Gryffindor scarf - which was loved for years!

For my daughter one year we did 'magic' noodles - it was for a unicorn theme party - cook noodles in red cabbage, they turn blue, add lemon juice or any other acid and they 'magically' go pink. Never seen kids so delighted to eat stir fry at a party!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List