Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 7 Oct 21, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
But why does that bother you? It’s not your kid.
I guess this is what happens when you monetise your children and home life...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

There are some vloggers ( not disney ones) out there that you can see are just using their kids to make money and putting them in danger and not caring about their future just to put some context on this.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I guess this is what happens when you monetise your children and home life...
One minutes you stopped watching them because of their racist past then it was because of Jen view of covid. If you do not like them I recommend you just stop watching them altogether and you wouldn’t have to post about them.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
One minutes you stopped watching them because of their racist past then it was because of Jen view of covid. If you do not like them I recommend you just stop watching them altogether and you wouldn’t have to post about them.
Nah, I like a good bitch 😀

I don't watch them anymore but I do follow the odd "look at this" post
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I read a fascinating article about "Hating as a Hobby" this morning that focused on this obsessive hatred of vloggers and the like. Well worth a read...
This hater-fan mirror is at the heart of understanding anti-fandom or “hatedom.” Anti-fans are possessed with the same passion as fans: they follow, they discuss, they obsess. But rather than blind worship, they’re immersed in blind hatred. Instead of a positive bond characterized by affection for a creator, it’s a negative one characterized by obsession for an online influencer.
Linky >>> every.to/news/hating-as-a-hobby

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I read a fascinating article about "Hating as a Hobby" this morning that focused on this obsessive hatred of vloggers and the like. Well worth a read...
This hater-fan mirror is at the heart of understanding anti-fandom or “hatedom.” Anti-fans are possessed with the same passion as fans: they follow, they discuss, they obsess. But rather than blind worship, they’re immersed in blind hatred. Instead of a positive bond characterized by affection for a creator, it’s a negative one characterized by obsession for an online influencer.
Linky >>> every.to/news/hating-as-a-hobby
I only scanned the article, and I expect majority of it would go over my head anyhow.

But I believe that those kind of forums and negative comments say a lot more about the person posting than the vlogger. In fact gives a great insight into I expect the sadness or hatred within their own lives that they find projecting this externally to public figures / influencers etc some sort of relief or 'levelling down'.

Each to their own of course!

Edited at 12:50 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I think there is a world of difference between hatred and having an opinion

But people do like to escalate
Old 7 Oct 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
...I believe that those kind of forums and negative comments say a lot more about the person posting than the vlogger. ..
Undeniably true. ...IMO!

This is interesting. It's about a reporter who met with the woman who had been trolling her online: -

bbc/news/uk-54421632

It's also something I've noticed a few celebs do online through their social media in the name of influencing, which concerns me for the people they might influence.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 02:22 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like the troll came from the wonderful world of Tattle.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The Trackers don’t seem to have posted anything anywhere for five or six days

Seems a bit odd especially with the Genie system being launched
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List